Two injured as train hits pick-up in East Pattaya

webfact

Two injured as train hits pick-up in East Pattaya

train-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday Morning Police and rescue services were called to a level crossing close to the Nongsadow Village in the East side of Pattaya to investigate reports of a train hitting a pick-up truck which was in the process of crossing the train track.

At the scene was the overturned Mitsubishi pick-up driven by Khun Monleudee aged 49 who was taking her daughter, Khun Prangtip aged 23, back home when she crossed over the track without realizing the crossing lights and siren had been activated warning motorists that a train was approaching. The level crossing does not have barriers which would have most-likely prevented the accident from taking place.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/100283/injured-train-hits-pick-up-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-26

the warning lights and siren did work ???

or did he just cross thinking the train is still far away

anyway hope they recover well and next time he crosses the tracks be more carefully

I almost got caught on the tracks at the Soi Siam crossing. The red lights are always flashing, so didnt notice there were a couple extra lights this time flashing, so as I was driving though, the barriers started coming down. Just made it through, before being trapped. Rather than sitting on the track, I would have had to just crash through.

Many of these crossings have no visibility, with brush hiding the oncoming train. I see motor bikes going around the barriers all the time, and they usually make it. Might be even more accidents, when and if the double tracks get laid. The same people that sneak around the barrier, to beat one train, may hit another, coming from the opposite direction.

The Bangkok - Rayong train comes by twice a day. Usually around 11:00 AM from Bangkok and at around 2:00 PM return from Rayong. Occasionally their is a special freight run, but that is highly unusual. So those of you who are statistically minded can figure out the odds of getting hit by a train in Pattaya

Since Thailand mostly has only one line of track I seriously doubt if anyone is going to be hit from a train coming from the opposite direction fakename

Is it so difficult to turn your head right and then turn you head left before going over a crossing at all times?

I manage to do it so I would say "no", it really isnt very hard at all. Another thing that I dont do is drive onto the crossing area if my exit is not clear. That's easy too.

Anyone who puts his faith in the Pattaya train timetable to know whether a train is coming or not is a bit of an idiot, I think.