Importing a watch from Australia via Ebay

guzzi850m2

My trusted Casio Protrek wrist watch is dying, the screen has started turning black in the middle but I had it for over 7 years I think and I bought it in Bangkok for 5000 baht if memory serves me well

I am considering buying a Casio Protrek from Australia via Ebay as they cost between 12-15.000 baht here and price in Australia is app. 6300 baht for the model I am looking at.

I know the import duty for motorbike parts is 30% which I been paying at the post office when picking up the parts (from USA).

How much tax can I expect to pay from a watch from Australia?

I can alternatively buy one from Singapore, will the tax be the same?

Thanks

I've imported around 40 watches from Ebay in the last couple of years, only paid duty on two that were sent Fedex. If you buy fro sellers like Pokemonyu and Premierworld it's doubtful you will pay any duty. In fact I only received a new Seiko from them a few days ago, with no duty.

Few things you can do to avoid any tax.

1. Have it shipped by registered post, NOT express or Fedex or DHL, less chance of being opened

2. Get the seller to make declaration saying "warranty replacement"

I had a 50 000 baht Tissot shipped from Sydney with "warranty replacement" and even after being checked it was let through, though it really was warranty replacement :)

• Like 1