Ubon Police arrest killer of 3-year-old boy

webfact

Ubon Police Finally Catch Child Rapist And Murderer

261.jpg
The man who had raped and killed a 3 year-old boy was finally arrested by Phosai Police officers in Ubon Ratchathani province.

UBON RATCHATANI – August 25, 2013 [PDN]; An interrogation session took place at the Phosai Police station after 43 year-old Mr. Sommai Klangart was arrested for raping and murdering a 3 year-old child. More evidence became available following an autopsy of the boy’s body, it was seen that he was bruised throughout his body, stains of sperms were found at his anal area.

The suspect has accepted all allegations and confessed that he was drunk during the incident happened. He said that when he saw the boy playing in front of the boy’s house, Mr. Sommai then lured the child into house with toys and snacks and as soon as the boy walked into his house that was nearby, he ripped off his clothes and raped him. He additionally said that he broke the child’s neck after he had screamed loudly, which eventually killed the child.

Mr. Sommai’s criminal record will now be checked. He will be charged for several allegations, including murder, rape and child abuse. He could face a sentence that will keep him in jail for years.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/26/ubon-police-finally-catch-child-rapist-and-murderer/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-08-26

^who cares about HIS family? unbelieveable. that said, your post is provoking. i work with people with severe mental health problems and i always say that the real dangerous people of society are the "normal" ones who go out to get smashed at the weekend and beat the crap out of someone

• Like 2

^who cares about HIS family? unbelieveable. that said, your post is provoking. i work with people with severe mental health problems and i always say that the real dangerous people of society are the "normal" ones who go out to get smashed at the weekend and beat the crap out of someone

I think you're quite right there. When we're sober we can exercise some control but when drunk that control disappears.

The reason I mentioned his family, if he has one is that they didn't commit the crime but it will still have a terrible affect on them although not as bad as for the family of the young boy.

I know someone in the UK who went to prison for a couple of years. His family knew nothing about it until the police called. His wife got abusive and silent calls. There were hoax calls for taxis and pizzas ect. I suppose they did that because they couldn't get to him but it was unfair on her.

• Like 1

he was sober enough to go get toys and snacks to lure the child away, that is not being drunk. this was planned in his sick mind. sick man. He should be given over to the child's family

• Like 2

Why is being drunk yet again being cited by the media in a context as if it somehow diverts or diminishes responsibility for ones actions?

He is a sick twisted #@$!. Being drunk is irrelevant and a pathetically piss poor attempt at an excuse.

There should be a slow death penalty for mouth breathing cretins like this.

RIP to the kid and condolences to the family....

Man, if he was drunk while he did it then he was drunk and it's being mentioned. I don't see how this is wrong! No one is trying to excuse anything. If you were drunk and have a car crash it would be mentioned as well.

• Like 1

I've heard this story from my wife on the weekend and couldn't sleep that night. What a disgusting freak.

My thoughts are with the parents, friends and other relatives. Hope there

s a heaven for kids and the right jail with the right tortures for this guy.

Rest in Peace little boy. I'm speechless.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

he was sober enough to go get toys and snacks to lure the child away, that is not being drunk. this was planned in his sick mind. sick man. He should be given over to the child's family

And those who've got kids.-wai2.gif

I think you're quite right there. When we're sober we can exercise some control but when drunk that control disappears.

The reason I mentioned his family, if he has one is that they didn't commit the crime but it will still have a terrible affect on them although not as bad as for the family of the young boy.

I know someone in the UK who went to prison for a couple of years. His family knew nothing about it until the police called. His wife got abusive and silent calls. There were hoax calls for taxis and pizzas ect. I suppose they did that because they couldn't get to him but it was unfair on her.

Dismissing this under the guise of an alcohol induced scenario is well short of the point. This is a cultural and mental health issue.. Out of the reams of people who become intoxicated how many go out a rape 3 year old boys. Intoxicated as he was he still had the mental ability to lure the victim into his house. He is simply a sad and twisted individual who at least in my opinion deserves little compassion nor mercy.

His family will simply reap what they have sowed.

• Like 2

Alcohol should be a banned substance and the dealers put in prison for life. It will be the ruin of society - mark my words.

Seriously though, I have grave doubts and concerns over the death penalty, but in a case like this and where is absolutely no doubt over guilt, then scum like this deserve no less than Death.

Why is being drunk yet again being cited by the media in a context as if it somehow diverts or diminishes responsibility for ones actions?

He is a sick twisted #@$!. Being drunk is irrelevant and a pathetically piss poor attempt at an excuse.

I think you should read the OP again as the report just states what the guy said and makes no attempt to suggest it's an excuse.

It's certainly worth mentioning as it's possible that it had some effect although as yo say it's no excuse. I would think that when sober he must be able to stop himself acting on these urges that he obviously has but being drunk he gave into them. He can't help the urges but by becoming drunk he's ruined the life of this child as well as his family and also ruined his own and any family he has.

I think the fact that excessive drink was involved should be made clear. Being drunk can make you do things that can affect so many people.

A very sad case.

What a crock of Sh_t. You think being drunk has anything to do with it? You sound like an apologist for child abusers.

I have been sh_t faced countless times, and never did anything that I didn't already want to do. Are you saying the Beer Chang/Mekong Whiskey "lowered his inhibitions"?

Lowered to what? To the point of raping and murdering a 3 year old boy?

Are you mad?

No amount of booze/drugs/brain parasites/alien mind control can warrant that kind of horrible act.

Sorry, but your post is beyond flawed and repulsive.

BTW, I am drunk as I write this (and I accept full responsibility for my actions)

Save the "But I was drunk baby" for your GF when you cheat on her.

I think you should read the OP again as the report just states what the guy said and makes no attempt to suggest it's an excuse.

It's certainly worth mentioning as it's possible that it had some effect although as yo say it's no excuse. I would think that when sober he must be able to stop himself acting on these urges that he obviously has but being drunk he gave into them. He can't help the urges but by becoming drunk he's ruined the life of this child as well as his family and also ruined his own and any family he has.

I think the fact that excessive drink was involved should be made clear. Being drunk can make you do things that can affect so many people.

A very sad case.

What a crock of Sh_t. You think being drunk has anything to do with it? You sound like an apologist for child abusers.

I have been sh_t faced countless times, and never did anything that I didn't already want to do. Are you saying the Beer Chang/Mekong Whiskey "lowered his inhibitions"?

Are you mad?

No amount of booze/drugs/brain parasites/alien mind control can warrant that kind of horrible act.

BTW, I am drunk as I write this (and I accept full responsibility for my actions)

Your "suggestion" that people under the influence of alcohol are innocent guys doesn't really fit. Many people get killed by drunk drivers, families fall apart and some men do rape WOMEN,, when intoxicated not talking about little three year old boys now....

I've seen my own dad having a few deliriums, before he died because of alcohol. That opens eyes. .-.wai2.gif

post-108180-0-93025100-1377612066_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

Dismissing this under the guise of an alcohol induced scenario is well short of the point. This is a cultural and mental health issue.. Out of the reams of people who become intoxicated how many go out a rape 3 year old boys. Intoxicated as he was he still had the mental ability to lure the victim into his house. He is simply a sad and twisted individual who at least in my opinion deserves little compassion nor mercy.

His family will simply reap what they have sowed.

Where exactly have I dismissed it as alcohol induced? It was induced by his wanting to sexually abuse the boy the alcohol just made it more likely that he wouldn't stop himself. It's not an excuse and I only mentioned it because pomthai hadn't bothered to read the OP and blamed the media for suggesting alcohol was an excuse, which they didn't.

Of course not everyone who gets drunk goes out and rapes 3 year old boys but it 's a fact that people do things they wouldn't if they were sober. Usually it's not a problem but sometimes it is. It's not uncommon for women to end up making themselves vulnerable to sexual attacks by being very drunk. A point which many police forces make.

I'm puzzled by "His family will simply reap what they have sowed." Maybe you could explain it. If he has young children how are they responsible?

The point is that this boy is dead and how and why that happened won't make any difference to that. Hopefully if convicted, which seems likely he will be put where he can't be a danger again.

Edited by kimamey

A very sad case.

Are you mad?

One of the problems with alcohol is it lowers your ability to think coherently which is admirably demonstrated by your post or should I say rant.

If and when you sober up you might like to read my post again and hopefully your level of English will enable you to understand it.

"Sorry, but your post is beyond flawed and repulsive."

I've merely corrected pomthai's mistake. I wonder if you read that bit? I've pointed out that this man has ruined many lives by his actions. and I've said it is very sad. What exactly is flawed about that?

It's one of the problems with posting about these type of tragic cases that unless you're prepared to demand massive retribution often involving castration and/or death you're treated as if you've committed similar crimes yourself and are trying to prove the innocence of the person accused of the crime which isn't the case.

I am not an apologist for child abusers nor have I ever said anything to suggest that.

"I have been sh_t faced countless times, and never did anything that I didn't already want to do."

I'm sure you haven't and the same could be said of this man. He obviously wanted to perform some sort of sexual act with the boy and that's what he did. I doubt the death was intended but it happened so he has to take responsibility for that. I very much doubt this was the first time he had wanted to do this but assuming that he hasn't done it before then it's likely that the alcohol stopped him exercising the restraint that he had previously. It doesn't excuse it and I've never said it did. If he feels that getting drunk was the reason for him raping this boy then he shouldn't have got drunk in the first place.

"Save the "But I was drunk baby" for your GF when you cheat on her."

I'm actually married, I don't drink much and I've not been with any other women since I met her. Well I think that's right but you obviously know more than me so perhaps you can enlighten me.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

A very sad case.

Are you mad?

Your "suggestion" that people under the influence of alcohol are innocent guys doesn't really fit. Many people get killed by drunk drivers, families fall apart and some men do rape WOMEN,, when intoxicated not talking about little three year old boys now....

I've seen my own dad having a few deliriums, before he died because of alcohol. That opens eyes. .-.wai2.gif

I'm not sure who your post is directed at. If it's me then I haven't suggested that people under the influence of alcohol are innocent guys.

I know the courts sometimes show leniency in those cases where drink or drugs are involved but usually that just shows that they shouldn't have had drink or drugs.

Wrong on so many levels.

I await the it happens everywhere crowd. Not very often would be my answer and this one happened in Thailand.

This bloke deserves little compassion. A bullet would be the least he deserves.

I wish I heard the "Tommy Gun" go rat-ta-tat,rat-a-tat,rat-ta-tat for this evil man. That makes me wish that a rich person would pay Thailand's Last Executioner $50,000 to gear up, and strap that man to the post, and keep firing at a target on his back until he stops breathing, ship him out the "Ghost Door". They better not let him use the excuse of being drunk a factor, because he had lured (The thought = Premeditated) a child into his home (Child Abduction,) , raped, and killed the 3 y.o. boy (Rape, and murder) . That sickens me............. My thoughts, and my personal prayers go out to the family of the baby boy who never had a chance to live his life to see any dreams that he could have had come to light for his future,wai2.gif

• Like 1

Alcohol should be a banned substance and the dealers put in prison for life. It will be the ruin of society - mark my words.

Seriously though, I have grave doubts and concerns over the death penalty, but in a case like this and where is absolutely no doubt over guilt, then scum like this deserve no less than Death.

Banning alcohol really worked well in the US.

In Thailand I fear it would just go the same way as other things that are banned/illegal.

As he has already admitted his guilt my understanding is that this will now be taken into account when sentencing