Mazda 2 Sport - Good deal?

matt111

Mazda 2 sport

Base Price: 654000

20% deposit = 130,8000 (thai name, does not qualify for 15%+gurantor deal, but does for the 20%)

Contribution from Mazda dealer: 49,000 (plus some lump of gold for this month only - probably worth < 1k)

Registration fee: 3,000

Some other license fee: 3,500

First payment: 88,300

Then 60 payments of 9897 per month.

Plus 1yr free insurance, plus six other things not to get too excited about, that should be included in any car anyway (petrol cap, boot liner, mats, some sport thing on a sport model, an engine and so forth)

Certain colours in stock for < 1 week delivery

--

What other dealers are offering a contribution to the 20% deposit on cars ? Except for Ford Fiesta

What is the lump of gold deal? Common?

In the UK its common to build commission into the finance, the dealer has a flat rate which they can bump on a 80/20 split with the some lender, so do dealers here get finance commission? If so what are the flat rates (I can work back how much comm they are buildining into the finance from this)? Just trying to determine if the discount is genuine (surplus stock, more demand for trucks) or just recouperated via inflated rates

Edited by matt111

The current factory promotion is 0% interest finance over 60 months + 1 year free insurance, or, up to 80K baht discount (that will be the top model though, lower grades will get less).

Sounds like your dealer is giving you promotion #2. As a factory promotion, it costs the dealer nothing to give you this, and indeed any other dealer can offer the same (or better).

I'd be shopping for a better deal - i.e. one where the dealer gives you something more than a gold trinket.

Yes, there is always a commission on finance and insurance sales.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

The current factory promotion is 0% interest finance over 60 months + 1 year free insurance, or, up to 80K baht discount (that will be the top model though, lower grades will get less).

Sounds like your dealer is giving you promotion #2. As a factory promotion, it costs the dealer nothing to give you this, and indeed any other dealer can offer the same (or better).

I'd be shopping for a better deal - i.e. one where the dealer gives you something more than a gold trinket.

Thanks IMHO,

How does the relationship work with the banks?

The girlfriend paid a 5k reservation fee on a Ford Fiesta based on assurances that she could get minimum finance (i.e. something silly like 20k down) which turns out you need to be a high ranking diplomat to get away with such, no doubt it's going to be an up hill battle to reclaim the 5k. But more interestingly when we pushed Ford to stop the bullshit (i.e. you know the circumstances, you sold a car on finance before, dont play dumb, quote us a 20% deal) they now claim that the bank is very backed up and it could be weeks before them coming to come see us (after multiple missed appointments the week prior for the earlier clearly unattainable deal).

However when we had a discussion with Mazda we had the bank on the phone to us discussing and clarifing, prevetting, available finance minimums etc.. offering to come see us that very day with paperwork. I've delayed signing off on anything as I a bit sick of getting jerked around.

Is it possible to arrange finance with a bank outside of pre-arranged vehicle, qualify and determine rates/limit for HP and then go and arrange with a dealer/brand of choice (obviously they will vet the asset at some point in process), is this possible in Thailand or do we have go through the dealer arranged finance to qualify for the 20%.

Do dealers deliver nationwide or is collect on delivery?

Edited by matt111

Thanks IMHO,

How does the relationship work with the banks?

The girlfriend paid a 5k reservation fee on a Ford Fiesta based on assurances that she could get minimum finance (i.e. something silly like 20k down) which turns out you need to be a high ranking diplomat to get away with such, no doubt it's going to be an up hill battle to reclaim the 5k. But more interestingly when we pushed Ford to stop the bullshit (i.e. you know the circumstances, you sold a car on finance before, dont play dumb, quote us a 20% deal) they now claim that the bank is very backed up and it could be weeks before them coming to come see us (after multiple missed appointments the week prior for the earlier clearly unattainable deal).

However when we had a discussion with Mazda we had the bank on the phone to us discussing and clarifing, prevetting, available finance minimums etc.. offering to come see us that very day with paperwork. I've delayed signing off on anything as I a bit sick of getting jerked around.

Is it possible to arrange finance with a bank outside of pre-arranged vehicle, qualify and determine rates/limit for HP and then go and arrange with a dealer/brand of choice (obviously they will vet the asset at some point in process), is this possible in Thailand or do we have go through the dealer arranged finance to qualify for the 20%.

Do dealers deliver nationwide or is collect on delivery?

Each manufacturer either has their own leasing/HP program, or cuts a nation-wide deal with a single lender, and all deals are pushed through that relationship. You can source finance yourself, but you likely won't get a better rate anyway (no way are you going to get 0%), and no way will you get any dealer incentives or support as they would lose both F&I commissions.

Cars are picked up from the selling dealer - they may deliver to you, but unlikely they'd want to take the risk.

You'll also find that the factory backed campaign will be subject to using their finance BTW.

Edited by IMHO

Interest rate I found very negotiable, 0% is not often though but before you start thinking about interest, add up all the costs, deposit and number of repayments, to get the "real" price of the car,