Thai Overstay Fees

A friend of my asked me to loan him some money as he wants to clear his overstay. I have heard that the overstay fees was increased to 500B per day.

My friend has been overstaying his visa for almost 8 month and I would like to ask someone here on the forum, if he leaves at the airport will he has to pay 20, 40 or 50,000 Baht?

He told me he has to pay 40K but I want to make sure I don't pay him to much.

I would appreciate if someone could answer me through this forum.

Regards,

Frank

The overstay fine has gone up from 200 to 500 Baht per day, with a maximum of 20,000 Baht. He may also face other penalties. See overstay and section 81 of the Immigration Act.

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.

forgot to go home ? Is it a joke ? Please ask your friend to think of a good explanation. 8 months is too long, he might be black listed from re-entering Thailand again , also there will be either a fine , imprisonment or both.

forgot to go home ? Is it a joke ? Please ask your friend to think of a good explanation. 8 months is too long, he might be black listed from re-entering Thailand again , also there will be either a fine , imprisonment or both.

No need to explain anything at the airport. Just pay, and be polite, dress polite.

A friend of my asked me to loan him some money as he wants to clear his overstay. I have heard that the overstay fees was increased to 500B per day.

My friend has been overstaying his visa for almost 8 month and I would like to ask someone here on the forum, if he leaves at the airport will he has to pay 20, 40 or 50,000 Baht?

He told me he has to pay 40K but I want to make sure I don't pay him to much.

I would appreciate if someone could answer me through this forum.

Regards,

Frank

So you obviously did not trust this 'friend' (with good reason as we can now see), yet you are prepared to lend him money?

:o

• 1 month later...