Torajiro - Good News for Lovers of Japanese Food

Rasseru

Where is this book center. Just down from pantip across from the motorcycle accessory store. Love Jap food!

Thanks kevin

I don't like to say this but it bothers me mentally when people refer to Japanese people as Japs.. Do you ever see British people referred to as Limeys or Americans as yanks. Or Chinese as chinks. Please have some respect.

To be fair -- or if not fair, which you are being, I think, as far as that goes, then to be correct -- the reference here was to food, not people. And one does occasionally see references, for example, to 'Aussie beef' and 'Cajun food'. :)

Thanks for telling us about this restaurant, it sounds wonderful.

Do you know their opening times?

You are welcome, Saan. I'm sorry but I do not know their opening hours. I am pretty sure they are open seven days a week, but beyond that I do remember anything about the hours they are open.

Where is this book center. Just down from pantip across from the motorcycle accessory store. Love Jap food!

Thanks kevin

I don't like to say this but it bothers me mentally when people refer to Japanese people as Japs.. Do you ever see British people referred to as Limeys or Americans as yanks. Or Chinese as chinks. Please have some respect.

I though the reference was somewhat rude myself.

Thanks for the heads up about this place. Looks like a gem.

• Like 1

Thanks kevin

Though I wouldn't say 'Jap food' a lot of people tend to abreviate when they write online and I have been called a Brit many times so I'm guessing he wasn't being racist when writing his comment.

Nice discovery from Rasseru, I'm also a big fan of Japanese food and look forward to trying it out in the near future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As the Beatles sang "Don't let me down" but .... Lunch today and being the only people in dining room who haven't already eaten and after 20 min was served tuna sashimi, had a tough fiber inside but since I ordered sushi that was only one of the problems. I informed them that the rest of the fish was ordered as sushi. 10 mins later next order of sushi (2 pieces). 10 min later next order (2 pieces). The only one that wasn't tough was the most expenses on the menu but came out without a hint of chill. Later the chicken dish that I checked three times that it was all chicken as it looked like some pork in the photo came out as a mixture of chicken and pork. 45 min after ordering I asked the fluent English speaking manager whom I ordered from (I couldn't find a waitress so asked if she would mind taking my order) about my other 2 sets of 3 dishes and another dish that I ordered and she checked the slips and said she forgot to order them. Said she would order then but after almost an hour I wasn't interested in waiting any longer for my miso soup I usually eat first. So out of 11 dishes ordered 9 were wrong or inexistent and the other two not very good. Guess I shouldn't expect much from a chain and don't eat at them because there is no love and tastes like it. Try Tomi Sushi if you want someone who cares and has passion for their food, you won't feel like your wasting your money.

Edited by junglechef