What bike is this?

sic103

Hey guys

This bike just arrived in my country. Aside with all the wanna be experts that just talk crap.... Like saying the bike hits 180 cause the speedometer marks up to it all i know is that it's called (here at least) db shark n that it's a 300cc.

Can someone tell me what bike brand, model is this and the good n the bad.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-182120-13778242529068_thumb.jpg

^ I think that is a given? Gas cap looks Honda, three spoke wheels look Hornet, frame looks late 80's Honda etc. What the engine is from the angle of the picture? To have a top speed of 180 regardless of speedo it will need in excess of 39 hp and that would be for a fully faired sport bike. So I would say very unlikely, unless it is a rebored 250 in-line 4

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

The mechanic at the dealer who claimed it goes to 180 because it reads up to it on the speedometer said it was a chinese bike sold by skygo (company that sells chinese bikes here). On one website it says it's chinese. I looked up eagle wing 300 that MartinL provided n the bike looks identical but said it's south African. I just can't find any reviews. I just can't take the word of these few people that swears by the bike n it's obvious they have no experience with it since its new here. For sure it's faster than my rkv 200 but i need more info lol

^ I think that is a given? Gas cap looks Honda, three spoke wheels look Hornet, frame looks late 80's Honda etc. What the engine is from the angle of the picture? To have a top speed of 180 regardless of speedo it will need in excess of 39 hp and that would be for a fully faired sport bike. So I would say very unlikely, unless it is a rebored 250 in-line 4

Was going to say something similar, that ugly Honda long arm frame, erghhh,

My dad had a VW beetle that said it went that fast on the speedo too, it didn't.

Yeah two guys that were browsing at the dealer are idiots. The mechanic included. That's why i been searching the net for reviews n asking on this forum for some insights as to how good or bad the bike is. Hell it costs 48,000,000 bsf ($7600) so i really want to make sure it's a good bike before i pay such an overly exaggerated price tag. Now I'm sure you guys are wondering why in hell am i considering paying such a price for that bike. Well the economy here is horrible. A second hand 2006 r6 costs three times that. It's not a problem i can rack it up but the problem is that by the time I'm getting there the price most likely doubles due to inflation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a Dongben DB250-2, which is sometimes branded as a Shark DB250-2.Dongben is one of the smaller Chinese motorcycle manufacturers who often build motorcycle from parts they buy from 3th party suppliers. The Dongben DB250-2 failed to pass the Thai environmental and safety testing so, while can be bought extremely cheap, will never be legally allowed on the Thai road. The performance of the DB250-2 will also not impress much people...

I would not recommend buying the Dongben, for my personal opinion you can find enough more reliable brands (Lifan, Keeway and Tiger as examples) for about the same price level.