Thailand set to become investment hub of ASEAN: PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She is referring to the 2.2-trillion-baht (68.4 billion U.S. dollars) infrastructure scheme, which is aimed to boost both domestic and regional connectivity by linking Thailand with Laos, China, Singapore and Malaysia through a high-speed rail system.

Did this not just change to "Medium speed rail"? Because of criticism of cost. BP article.

BTW PTP has passed legislation to barrow 2.2/2.5 trillion, even though.

Another desperate offer to push the controversial 68,400,000,000 USD infrastructure scheme through.

Did Yingluck also say that the market price of rice will double next year?

Besides being a popular tourist destiny for the Chinese, there is not much that Thaiklsn can offer in terms of business opportunities. In fact, China is "stealing" a lot of business from Thailand. Especially in the fabrication sector.

The garment industry has jumped ship to other SEA nations already, the rest of the manufacturing sector will follow. The reality is a fast train network will never be profitable it has a high infrastructure cost and high maintenance cost and a small consumer base they would be far better off with an efficient rail freight network, deep water ports and an optic fibre network linked to all the surrounding countries, then they could compete with Singapore as the financial and logistics hub of ASEAN.

Nah!! C'mon she has spent 2 years travelling everywhere and nowhere to get investments back to Thailand and has succeeded no...??? Please give her some credit w00t.gif

What's up with all these destructive, negative comments?

It's sad to see this ignorant, childish behavior. All that space within you could be filled up with some valuable positive stuff that moves you forward instead of this gibberish.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

If you are a shrink you are in the wrong thread.

I ain`t. Just see things clearly.

Ah, that's just what the ones who need a shrink say. My shrink told me that.

Another desperate offer to push the controversial 68,400,000,000 USD infrastructure scheme through.

Besides being a popular tourist destiny for the Chinese, there is not much that Thaiklsn can offer in terms of business opportunities. In fact, China is "stealing" a lot of business from Thailand. Especially in the fabrication sector.

The garment industry has jumped ship to other SEA nations already, the rest of the manufacturing sector will follow. The reality is a fast train network will never be profitable it has a high infrastructure cost and high maintenance cost and a small consumer base they would be far better off with an efficient rail freight network, deep water ports and an optic fibre network linked to all the surrounding countries, then they could compete with Singapore as the financial and logistics hub of ASEAN.

Nah!! C'mon she has spent 2 years travelling everywhere and nowhere to get investments back to Thailand and has succeeded no...??? Please give her some credit w00t.gif

You are correct - she has succeeded NO!

She is referring to the 2.2-trillion-baht (68.4 billion U.S. dollars) infrastructure scheme, which is aimed to boost both domestic and regional connectivity by linking Thailand with Laos, China, Singapore and Malaysia through a high-speed rail system.

Did this not just change to "Medium speed rail"? Because of criticism of cost. BP article.

BTW PTP has passed legislation to barrow 2.2/2.5 trillion, even though.

Do you mean borrow or barrow ? Hmmmm - barrow is probably the right word. Got to move all that cash somehow,

Reality is you can't have a business in Thailand without majority ownership being Thai. So thats a big disincentive to doing business here. So that just leaves buying shares and other financial instruments. So why is it good for investment?

Aren't investors pulling out of Thailand at the moment?

Damn you Chooka you beat me to the punch again.............

Instead of these weekly moronic hub statements, Thailand would do well to

conduct polls and interview foreign businessmen about what is wrong with Thailand,

and then address these issues. All this wishful thinking without action is

growing old........

Note to TV : Could we please have a special thread where all these hub

declarations could be listed ? That way when newbies sign up, then they

could quickly be up to speed in order to follow along with the long term expats

when it comes to the hub jokes.

Thailand is the hub of prostitution, and the Detroit of the East. If it wants to be

anything more it will have to work at it, and stop this delusional nonsense.

What ever happened to China's proposal to partner up with Thailand to build a high speed train through Thailand?

China wants to build one from Singapore all the way to the Chinese capital.

w00t.gif ....I was starting to get hub withdrawal....thanks YK...

I was sitting there, tears running down while I chuckled and laughed until my belly hurt and tried to figure out a meaningful, yet funny comment to this hilarious story. But I have to admit that Soutpeel really hit a bullseye with his withdrawal remark - this simply can't be topped. Well done, Soutpeel, well done!!!! clap2.gif

Edited by catweazle

It's sad to see this ignorant, childish behavior. All that space within you could be filled up with some valuable positive stuff that moves you forward instead of this gibberish.

If you are a shrink you are in the wrong thread.

I ain`t. Just see things clearly.

The people who post negative things here also see things clearly we just put a different value on corruption and ignorance than you do. We would like to help but I don't think that is an area we could get a work permit in.

Also this is a forum where people express there views. Many of us see a different future than you do with the present rate of disregard for the common hard working and the not so hard working Thai's that is happening here in Thailand with the present Government.

There are things that have been ignored by all the previous governments. Why do the present Government continue on with ignoring these problems and plan on spending good money on High Speed Railroads to go part way to destinations that don't need them. Money that could go into the maintenance of the present system. Make it more practicable. Money that could go to help the elderly out money that could improve the medical care here. They now charge a 30 baht fee on their medical plan when people use it. The problem is it cost 50 baht to process it. An additional net loss of 20 baht every time the plan is used.

Yes we may say things that seem negative to you but we are not Thai's therefore we don't have to concern are self's so much with save face no matter who or how many people get hurt.

Well spoken, NorthernJohn - your explanation to A1Str6 rounds it all out. Nothing more to say to that, but my wild guess is that A1something is in a trance-alike state of denial. The one who has kept his eye on Thai politics over the past 20 years or so and by doing that has witnessed all those promises, crazy ideas, hub blahblah and the endless waste of taxpayers' money into status symbols and useless "improvements" while the true and vital problems remain being ignored, can do nothing else but laugh about such "hub" statements, because we all know that it is backed up by nothing else but arrogance, false pride and air.

Edited by catweazle

And everyone was having such a good time cheesy.gif