Anyone using the Stiebel eltron compact 5 IN 1 composite fountain water filter?

jiangaq

• 8 months later...

Hi, I am using the new Stiebel Eltron 5 cartridge water cleaner system, works perfect and the outcoming water tastes perfect.

And yes, it s a very reputable brand in Germany, I did research on the Thai brands, but there seems to be a lot of bogus

claims, that are just not true. (printing an US flag on the system, does not achieve US qualitity ...)

SE was the only "real" foreign brand I found in the stores here in Pattaya.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Replacement cartridge after 5 years use......BHt 2890 from Home Pro.

Five years seems an awful long time for a single cartridge.

Any indication how much water this will treat before replacement? These units seem to have very small amounts of filter media for the performance they claim.

I can find no detail of what the 5 stages are or what it removes, other than it being 0.01u "nominal", 0.1u "absolute" whatever that means.

EDIT We have a Mazuma RO system, ceramic, carbon, ion-exchange + RO (no UV) about 5 years old now. Change the elements (except the RO) when Wifey says the water doesn't taste so good (I can tell no difference).

EDIT2 Before going for a filter, you really need to know what you have to filter out, no point having an iron filter if there's no iron in your water etc.

This system is 780.00 US Dollars on amazon.com with a replacement cartridge of almost 100 dollars. My 5 stage R.O. system approx. 4000B from lazada. Replace filter cost = ceramic filter (.3 micron) 90B, carbon filter (5 micron) 60B, sediment (1 micron) 27B, RO filter 490B Post carbon filter 85B. I replace sediment monthly carbon/ceramic approx. 6 months and RO when tested <90% TDS Reduction. I dont see the steibel as a good buy or nearly the quality of water filtration I get with my 5 stage RO. I also found this http://info.nsf.org/Certified/dwtu/listings.asp?CompanyName=stiebel&submit1=Search+by+Manufacturer&Program=DWTU  The steibel is only good for 1141 gallons not nearly five years as some might claim.

On 2/11/2017 at 5:37 PM, Hereinthailand said:

This system is 780.00 US Dollars on amazon.com with a replacement cartridge of almost 100 dollars. My 5 stage R.O. system approx. 4000B from lazada. Replace filter cost = ceramic filter (.3 micron) 90B, carbon filter (5 micron) 60B, sediment (1 micron) 27B, RO filter 490B Post carbon filter 85B. I replace sediment monthly carbon/ceramic approx. 6 months and RO when tested <90% TDS Reduction. I dont see the steibel as a good buy or nearly the quality of water filtration I get with my 5 stage RO. I also found this http://info.nsf.org/Certified/dwtu/listings.asp?CompanyName=stiebel&submit1=Search+by+Manufacturer&Program=DWTU  The steibel is only good for 1141 gallons not nearly five years as some might claim.

It is 12000 Bht at HomePro with a replacement cartridge Bht 2890.