GMM Z sport channels moved frequency!

bangkok blue

I've just found out about this! Far from happy! Apparently they have chosen to move the 8 channels on a Vertical polarity (Sport extra, Club channel, football extra & sport one amongst some entertainment channels), which will affect KU band dish receivers! Reasons for this are because the LNB is not turned to the correct position, or the dish is not positioned correctly to receive both Horizontal and Vertical frequencies!

Took ages of searching to find out they have done this, eventually found on their FB page! Nothing on their website except for promoting new fox channels!!! Nothing on the GMM sport website, or the GMM sport FB page, which is mad, as it affects those channels!

So, does anyone know if I can just turn the LNB a few degrees one way to fix the problem? Or do I need the tech guys to come and move the dish?

Thai explanation of this issue posted below. Google translate not 100% clear about how to fix, so if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

GMM Z ขอแจ้งการย้ายความถี่ใหม่เป็นสัญญาณแนวตั้ง (Vertical) สำหรับการออกอากาศช่อง Z Pay TV 8 ช่อง ในคืนวันเสาร์ที่ 31 ส.ค. 2556 เวลา 23:59 นาที (คืนวันเสาร์เข้าวันอาทิตย์) โดยอาจจะมีผลกระทบต่อจานดาวเทียมระบบ KU Band (จานแบบทึบ) แต่หากปัจจุบันท่านสามารถรับชมช่อง Nick JR. หรือ ช่อง FOX ได้ น่าจะไม่ได้รับผลกระทบในการย้ายความถี่ครั้งนี้ สำหรับท่านที่ไม่สามารถรับชมได้ อาจเนื่องจาก

• แนวการรับสัญญาณที่หัว LNB ของจานดาวเทียมหันไม่ถูกต้อง

• การติดตั้งจานดาวเทียมในการรับชมมากกว่า 1 จุด ไม่ได้แยกสัญญาณให้รับชมได้อย่างอิสระทั้งแนวนอน (Horizontal) และแนวตั้ง (Vertical)

GMM Z ต้องขออภัยลูกค้าอย่างสูงมา ณ ที่นี้ สอบถามเพิ่มเติม โทร 02 841 8888

bangkok blue,

Will try to help out a bit. But, will have to guess a little. I don't have a Gmm receiver.

But, please go here;

http://www.lyngsat.com/Thaicom-5-6A.html

I believe you may be watching channels on the 12313 H transponder.

And now possibly, some of these channels will be switched to the 12313 V transponder? Or, another V transponder.

Problem for you? A "Universal LNB" would be required on your dish for viewing the V transponder channels.

Another, possible problem, is if you are using multiple receivers, utilizing a splitter.

But, would suggest just to reboot your receiver after the change. And, see if channels are missing.

If so, then a "Universal" ku band LNB should cost about 250 baht. Read a little about "skew" and maybe install yourself. Then edit the receiver installation menu to the LNB change.

But, as said, I'm only guessing about the transponder change. And, as you say, Google Translate does not offer clarity.

But, hopefully, posters with a Gmm receiver can weigh in and give better information for you on this.

Cheers

Thanks for your help. Apparently these channels are now available on thaicom 6. Requires a slight adjustment of the position if the LNB. Had I known this before, I would have got this sorted before it was a problem. Hanging off my balcony trying to do myself proved futile, as its screwed in too tightly. Will get a tech guy to come out.

Just for information, Thaicom5/6A are both located at 78.5 E. If you can see transponders on one, then you can see transponders on the other. No re-adjustment (skew) of the LNB will be required.

The issue will be whether you already have a "Universal" LNB installed, or not? The tech guy can sort that out for you.

As well, whether you have multiple receivers through a splitter from your dish?

Cheers

I have been using an old True dish which has been giving me nothing but hassle, so yesterday I changed over to my 2m dish. I now get perfect reception of all channels and also get all of the HD channels which I couldn't get before. I had read a while ago that there was a possible polarity problem but was unable to get any more information and intended getting an installer in to check the dish.

I should ad that the last time I tried the 2m dish I could hardly get anything so I suspect that GMM are still playing around with the different satellite feeds. If it stays as is I shall be well please, the HD quality is excellent.