Anyone have this problem with True home internet?

yougivemebaby

I stay in the Bang Saen area. I went to the True office near Nong Mon Market. I asked them to install ADSL into my condo. First they said they couldn't because I wasn't on the ground level.. ? Then they told me it would take three days to have the technition come install into my room.

Three days later I heard nothing so I went back into their office. They said, 'Big office tell us all lines are full' . I heard them tell my friend dem lew. (Full already) I've never heard of there being too many customers in an area. They said I need to wait until more lines open up.

Can anyone please explain this for me? Does that mean for all service providers? I have not tried 3BB yet. But huuh??

Edited by yougivemebaby

It could be true (no pun intended). There are parts of Thailand where waiting lists exist for telephone/xDSL lines. You might want to check with other companies as maybe True is just full in your area...but maybe TOT, 3BB, etc., can provide you service. Also, another possibly is "one" company has the telephone/internet rights in your area or your building and if that happens to be True and they are truly out of lines for your area/building then you are probably screwed. Heck, I live in Bangkok and up to approx. 2 years ago TOT had all the telephone and internet rights to my moobaan...then True installed cable TV and internet (but no phone service) and I now have two choices for internet providers. I'm with True and happy with the DOCSIS/cable internet service. Additionally, you might want to ask about Wifi service if you can't get a copper line run to your room.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

As other have said this could be because there there are no vacant ADSL ports on DMUX which is the connect point at the Telephone exchange or Head office if your American you need to connect to to get internet. Other possibility is no free copper phone lines in your area to get back to the exchange. I would try 3BB first and then TOT and see what they say, to see if you get a same story or maybe your in luck with one of them.

This DSLAM over-capacity issue used to be a problem, ~ 8 years ago, but it really is not an issue these days given high-density port cards, increased modularity/architecture and remote/street-side cabs. It is possible there is no copper available, but even that seems strange.

It sounds like this may be an issue with your particular condo.

Can you speak with neighbors to see what services they are using? Can you speak with the management office to see which services are available? Does anyone have a fixed telephone line? What cable or satellite TV services are available in your building?

This DSLAM over-capacity issue used to be a problem, ~ 8 years ago, but it really is not an issue these days given high-density port cards, increased modularity/architecture and remote/street-side cabs. It is possible there is no copper available, but even that seems strange.

It sounds like this may be an issue with your particular condo.

Can you speak with neighbors to see what services they are using? Can you speak with the management office to see which services are available? Does anyone have a fixed telephone line? What cable or satellite TV services are available in your building?

I was getting ready to go talk to 3BB at Big C. The manager told me that the owner of the building will get me internet today or tomorrow. clap2.gif wai.gif thumbsup.gif He is well connected in this area. I think his dad is the mayor of Chonburi or Bang Saen. His brother plays football for Chonburi. I don't know how he did it (or is going to?>) but True is supposedly coming tomorrow to hook up the internet in my room .