Do I need to leave Thailand to acquire Business Visa?

I am an American and hope to obtain a Business Visa. Is this possible without exiting Thailand? Is it possible to get this from another ASEAN consulate or embassy? Or am I better off getting this in the US at year end when I visit.

I would ideally like to get a multi-entry visa if possible.

Thanks

You cannot get a visa here unless it is linked to getting certain extensions of stay at immigration.

Unless you have a work permit (or a application for one) you will not get a B visa at any nearby embassy or consulate.

The nearest location is Australia for getting a B visa with a letter from employer.

You cannot get a visa here unless it is linked to getting certain extensions of stay at immigration.

Unless you have a work permit (or a application for one) you will not get a B visa at any nearby embassy or consulate.

The nearest location is Australia for getting a B visa with a letter from employer.

Would Aussie issue a Multi-entry with him being a US citizen ? an Aussie citizen yes

I was always under the impression that multi-entrys would only be handed out in your country..

Just got my B visa at Kuala Lumpur with letter from employer

You can get your existing visa (not entry stamp) converted into a B visa within Thailand. You need to have at least 30 days left on your existing visa. You will only get a single entry B visa.

Typically, this is done if an employee enters the kingdom on a tourist visa and needs to get a B visa to obtain a work permit without leaving the country. I have done this a couple of times.

I was able to get a 1year multi in Penang Malaysia a year and a half ago with the proper papers. But if you have all the required documents better to do it in the US. Consulates in neighboring countries tend to be hit or miss. You will have a better chance of getting a MULTI in the US.

I was able to get a 1year multi in Penang Malaysia a year and a half ago with the proper papers. But if you have all the required documents better to do it in the US. Consulates in neighboring countries tend to be hit or miss. You will have a better chance of getting a MULTI in the US.

I agree totally with this - it's like they want to be difficult wherever you go and there is always the fear that if it goes wrong, then there is an issue of getting back in.

Play it safe, get it from your own country where at least you have the time on your side and can deal with mostly rational people. KL people are difficult and miserable, SG i just had a nightmare because i did not have my return flight booked......i was staying with a friend and we had decided to do some project work together so not knowing how long it would take i didn't book the flight. Does it not stand to reason that if i am applying for a 1 year business visa in SG, i have a company of 7 years in Thailand and i have just spent 1000's getting all my paperwork, tax and social security up to date with lawyers and accountants that i would be going back to Thailand (where i live) and carry on my business.

Like i said, play it safe and do it in your own country because it can drive you insane doing it in neighbouring countries.

Cheers,

Lee

so you guys says that its possible to get B visa witch letter from business owner ?

So if my gf got company, and money exchange business, if she wrote me letter would i be able to obtain B ? i dont need work permit, as i know it will be hard to get, she dont pay tax for some her staff, and may b not enough registered, capital...

so you guys says that its possible to get B visa witch letter from business owner ?

So if my gf got company, and money exchange business, if she wrote me letter would i be able to obtain B ? i dont need work permit, as i know it will be hard to get, she dont pay tax for some her staff, and may b not enough registered, capital...

I would suggest at a minimum that any letter be written on genuine company letterhead displaying an easy way for an Embassy/Consulate/Honorary Consulate in the USA or elsewhere to verify the existence and bona fides of the said GF's business.

I would suggest at a minimum that any letter be written on genuine company letterhead displaying an easy way for an Embassy/Consulate/Honorary Consulate in the USA or elsewhere to verify the existence and bona fides of the said GF's business.

yes gf got geniue currency exchange business

what i mean, letter is enough for B visa?

are you allowet to hold B multiple entry visa and no work permit ?

what difference would be of staying on B then on tourist visa ?

thank you

Kris

An Embassy or consulate would most likely require for a 'B' 'Doing Business' visa an explanation as to what your connection might be with the business in Thailand although that would not require the need for a Work Permit. For the 'Doing Business' 'B' visa this is the explanation from the Thai Embassy in Washington DC although in visiting an Honorary Consul in USA they might prove more lenient:

See 'B' Visa (2) here: http://dc.thaiembdc.org/consular/VISA/Non-Img.aspx

BTW I received 2 One year multi-entry 'B' visas in USA but that was several years ago and I have a specialized certified-by-US-government skill that was part of the Letter provided to me by a Thai government official

Here is an update on my recent NON B Visa experience.

Australia provided me with a Multi entry B Visa 15 months ago with no problems whatsoever, however things may well have changed.

This time i went to the UK (as apparently its easier to apply in our home countries) Not anymore!
I was rejected a Multi Entry B Visa and told they are no longer issuing them, unless you work for a company based Outside of Thailand, and have the excuse of coming in and out. that was from HULL consulate, who then asked London Embassy if i could and they said NO!

Im an investor and have a lot of shares and property in thailand, so i need to come and go to attend meetings etc.
It seems the goal posts have moved yet again! Yawn...

Recently the embassy in London put in a new requirement for all honorary consulates that all multiple entry visas must be submitted to them for approval.

Sent from my AirPad 8" TA803D using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app