Thai supermodel "Yui" admitted to mental institute

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read this I think of all the others I see on the streets begging, dressed in rags and living rough and wonder what help they are given.

Looks to me like precious little or none at all.

Yet someone who once was famous and no doubt had the money that goes with that fame is well looked after with the 'look at the good we are doing' publicity bit.

When I see the white haired old ladies who beg down the road, the blind beggars in the market, those with more than one limb missing and the abandoned young girls with an infant to feed getting the same sort of help then I will be happy to say authority cares.

I suspect that will be a long time coming.

• Like 1

We are all masters of our own destiny,the weak are weak.

I have a feeling this philosophical gem of a comment was made in the hope of generating lots of 'likes'. It seems you were unsuccessful. jerk.gif

It's a shame we are not at the stage where punishment could be meted out by installing people in the minds of others, even for a short time. Betting you would soil your pants if you were in hers for just 10 minutes.

Agree with the first part, jack.

I think you might have phrased the last line a bit better though! smile.png

• Like 2

This is the first time I've heard of this person, so curiosity got hold of me and did a Google search under images for

Rojjana (Yui) Phetkanha.

For some reason, I got this pic.

I guess too much partying and drugs will do this to you:

There is funny, then not so funny. I wish you would remove that photo. To rise then fall is not really something we should find humour in. (Especially depicting her as a monkey) Could happen to anyone of us at any time, and I am sure we would be hoping for a bit of compassion as well. (And I am never this serious)

I am sorry, but I must decline your wish, unless otherwise instructed by the Admin of this site.

Nowhere did I say it was her and you can assume all you want to what you may think I implied.

Too much partying and drugs can make a monkey of oneself.

If, perchance, you take this just as personally as you do seriously, then that makes it your personal problem, not mine.

Non the less, do not mistake my expression as a lack of compassion for that I do possess.

I do not wish to belittle her downfall, but a bit of humor is needed at times like these, as long as I am not directing it towards her, as you falsely imply.

Good day to you.

Ah, a third.

One day you may fall to the disease of alcoholism/addiction or mental illness. Would like us all to laugh at you?

Have some compassion, ANYONE can suffer like Yui.

You'll have to forgive these guys. They have problems of their own.

http://tinyurl.com/greaterinternettheory

The modeling business is one of the toughest for survival. Even those born and raised in an urban environment have difficulty surviving the parties, booze, and drugs (both illicit and those used to maintain a stick figure appearance). So, for someone born and raised in a poor, rural environment, with no exposure to that kind of lifestyle, it has to be almost impossible to resist all the pitfalls when everyone around is telling you how beautiful you are and offering all the temptations which lead to a monumental downfall. She probably needs more than just her family taking care of her, since we are constantly seeing the failures of many actresses who try and recover on their own. Hopefully there are some professional mental health services in Thailand that can provide the treatment she needs.

Really ...modeling is tough to survive? ... I am US Army Captain (retired) ODA 525 with three tours in Afganastan and two in Iraq. I

worked and taught EOD for the 5th SFG .. I am now 43 and I am doing fine ... I worked with many women downrange and all of them are OK ... but i am sure working in the modeling buisness is much more stressful .... GEEZZZZ

This is so sad, I had the pleasure to shoot her and coach her for working for the video camera in her very first appearance on stage, for the Siam Supermodel event at Shangrila Hotel, where only days before she had been found serving noodles on Soi 38. She was one of the most captivating, gorgeous, fresh faces I have encountered in my career. On camera she took my breath away & I judged her as the 'hands down' best of all the contestants I shot with. I avidly watched her career take off amid the nasty bitchiness from many of the 'lighter skinned, more middle & upper class society models who were so horrible to her, jealous that a dark skinned natural North Eastern beauty could be more successful than them. I got to know her quite well till she went big time overseas, then on her first return she asked if I would exclusively shoot her story for CNN interviewed by Tom Mintier. She was a delightful girl with perhaps the biggest 'rags to riches' tale ever in Thailand. But with so little education, worldly experience & her simple down to earth Isarn Farmers trust of humanity, by the time she was swept off her feet into the big bad limelight of the supermodels world with Kate & Naomi she was taken advantage of so many times by evil <deleted> in the model industry in Europe & America, that it really messed with her head, she distrusted most men, & took to other women & coke for her solace. It was all too big, too quick for this lovely bright natural Thai girl, we should all send her some healing blessings to get well soon, and hope she can be a lesson to any young girl with dreams of being an international model that it can come with a heavy tax. Get well soon Yui, We are happy to help you be the best you can be again, naturally.

Good one - thanks for the background!

Yes, there is a darker side to international stardom in the modelling business, and it takes a girl with great inner strength, and understanding of the way desperate people think and act, often learned over time as they grow in the industry. Being thrust into the international limelight so fast, she had no time to develop the hard shell and intestinal fortitude that would keep her strong and sane among all the backbiting and nastiness behind the scenes.

Very sad, but I do wish her well of course.

We should also remember that there are millions more who need understanding and help to live with a mental illness, and survive in the modern society.

The modeling business is one of the toughest for survival. Even those born and raised in an urban environment have difficulty surviving the parties, booze, and drugs (both illicit and those used to maintain a stick figure appearance). So, for someone born and raised in a poor, rural environment, with no exposure to that kind of lifestyle, it has to be almost impossible to resist all the pitfalls when everyone around is telling you how beautiful you are and offering all the temptations which lead to a monumental downfall. She probably needs more than just her family taking care of her, since we are constantly seeing the failures of many actresses who try and recover on their own. Hopefully there are some professional mental health services in Thailand that can provide the treatment she needs.

Really ...modeling is tough to survive? ... I am US Army Captain (retired) ODA 525 with three tours in Afganastan and two in Iraq. I

worked and taught EOD for the 5th SFG .. I am now 43 and I am doing fine ... I worked with many women downrange and all of them are OK ... but i am sure working in the modeling buisness is much more stressful .... GEEZZZZ

Totally different thing altogether - what you are talking about is definitely stressful and dangerous - no doubt for one second - BUT - just because one job is extremely stressful for those involved (military life for example), does not mean that another job is less stressful to those involved (like modelling for example).

I do understand what you are saying, and yes naturally, measured on a common international, across the board, scale of stress or danger for example, a job where you can lose your life, or see friends or relatives lose theirs, is going to be way more stressful than modelling, but we aren't measuring it on a common international scale - this can only ever be measured on the internal scale of the person involved - they have no concept of how much another persons job may stress them out, but they know only too well how stressful their job is to them - personally - and how much of a toll that takes on their mental well-being.

I too have seen people stressed and saying they cant take the pressure when its something that I wouldn't even think about - but all that does is point out the differences between people, and how they handle the world as they perceive it.

I am no PC namby pamby either - if what you do or say is crap - I will say so - but I also have the understanding to see that we are not all the same except superficially.

• Like 1

I thought your mission in both countries was to protect the weak and vulnerable from harm and make life better?

Just try it! The modeling business. You have time now! rolleyes.gif

"masters of our own destiny to some variable degree depending on society we live in. In Thai style feudal society the lower classes are usually not masters of destiny.

"the weak are weak" is a statement that the very nature of drug/alcohol addiction strongly contradicts both factually statistically and study based.

Just to illustrate this http://www.theguardian.com/law/2011/nov/21/law-problem-alcohol-addressed . One can find similar data for the USA. The highly educated, highly successful to the lowest level of society is affected without regard to strong or weak mindedness. No profession or occupation is excluded, including the clergy and the experts on thaivisa forum.

• Like 1

No disrespect to this poor lady, I sincerely hope she gets treatment and can recover.

However if she wasn't famous would she have been visited by a cabinet minister who offered help if her family cannot afford to take care of her ? There are many families who are plagued by the curse of mental health problems and just have to get on with it.

Another bandwagon opportunity for an official to get publicity.

No chance; the poor are not as lucky as this lady!

• Like 1

"masters of our own destiny to some variable degree depending on society we live in. In Thai style feudal society the lower classes are usually not masters of destiny.

"the weak are weak" is a statement that the very nature of drug/alcohol addiction strongly contradicts both factually statistically and study based.

Just to illustrate this http://www.theguardian.com/law/2011/nov/21/law-problem-alcohol-addressed . One can find similar data for the USA. The highly educated, highly successful to the lowest level of society is affected without regard to strong or weak mindedness. No profession or occupation is excluded, including the clergy and the experts on thaivisa forum.

I agree - when people said I(an alcoholic) was weak willed, I should have replied, "the next time you have diarrhea, use your willpower to stop it. I can't believe that in this world of information technology people still actually thing that mental disorders are to do with choices or willpower.

Greg71 and McWallen maybe know more than medical experts????

• Like 2

To young folk who find themselves as Super Stars:

Religiously save 10% (or more) of everything you earn. Eventually you will no long be a Super Star and no one will care about you except your closest friends and family. Have something to fall back on. Enjoy the ride. Don't take it too seriously.

Well Yui, you can now take the route of thousands of other Thai women. Find a nice farang guy, marry, settle down, live the life that your karma has now handed you, forget about the past. Either that or go completely crazy. Best of luck young lady.

Thanks for the article. I wonder how prevalent and problematic in comparison cannabis use is amongst lawyers.

I think a lot matters on which particular drugs are taken. Some people are not aware enough that some drugs are much more harmful than others and may then simply take anything that is available and offered, which can then lead to tragic consequences. The safer approach would be to be well-informed of the various drugs and avoid the most harmful ones like alcohol, tobacco, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine, and instead choose to take a much less harmful drug such as cannabis.

Edited by hyperdimension

"The former supermodel was found wandering on Phetkasem Road, carrying a plastic bag. She was apparently disoriented and confused. "

Just realised how close I've come to being locked up, often!

Sad subject...but that was funny!

clap2.gif