Etans-images of them in Thailand

Ron19

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum, Ant0. It's good to see new folk joining. It's a haven of peace and tranquility, not like that nasty General forum ermm.gif

Hopefully you'll be posting your own shots soon and keeping us captivated. (I don't see Etans where I am in the centre of CM. I must venture a bit further out soon!!)

Thanks Rob, I agree, it is a lot nicer over here :-)

Unfortunately I'm stuck in a faraway land for a while, I found this thread by living out my travels vicariously via the photography forum, so I can't see myself contributing anything of value for quite some time. Can I ask what cities/provinces you guys are finding these fertile Etan hunting grounds? I might have to add some further afield destinations to my next itinerary!

Also, if you haven't done so already, I found searching for something like Thai Etan on YouTube pretty entertaining, more so if the Thai language suggested clips are clicked on..

Chok dee!

Welcome to the forum, Ant0. It's good to see new folk joining. It's a haven of peace and tranquility, not like that nasty General forum ermm.gif

Hopefully you'll be posting your own shots soon and keeping us captivated. (I don't see Etans where I am in the centre of CM. I must venture a bit further out soon!!)

Unfortunately I'm stuck in a faraway land for a while, I found this thread by living out my travels vicariously via the photography forum, so I can't see myself contributing anything of value for quite some time. Can I ask what cities/provinces you guys are finding these fertile Etan hunting grounds? I might have to add some further afield destinations to my next itinerary!

Also, if you haven't done so already, I found searching for something like Thai Etan on YouTube pretty entertaining, more so if the Thai language suggested clips are clicked on..

Chok dee!

I can't give you a rundown on every province they could be found in but I live in the Phichai area of Uttaradit province with most of my Etan images shot in our local village.I believe that they are widespread in the north east of Thailand and in particular the Kalasin area where one of the regular posters to this thread shaggy1969 hangs out when he is in the country.I believe they are very hard to find south of bangkok and in the far north around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

One other thing is they are called by different names in some parts of Thailand and in my area they are known as " Rot Thailand ".

Edited by Ron19

Chok dee!

I can't give you a rundown on every province they could be found in but I live in the Phichai area of Uttaradit province with most of my Etan images shot in our local village.I believe that they are widespread in the north east of Thailand and in particular the Kalasin area where one of the regular posters to this thread shaggy1969 hangs out when he is in the country.I believe they are very hard to find south of bangkok and in the far north around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

One other thing is they are called by different names in some parts of Thailand and in my area they are known as " Rot Thailand ".

I was surprised - and VERY frustrated when out on a road trip with our motorbike group in the Lamphun - Li area. I saw loads of Etans and couldn't stop for pics. Mrs R comes from a village down that way, so I'll go off Etan hunting as soon as we can arrange a visit.

DAL.... would I be right in thinking there are plenty round the Petchabun - P'lok area too?