Decorative Wallpaper in Chiang Mai?

SecretAgentMan

I had a friend who did house painting and other redecorating projects. She told me that wall paper very often attracted mold. So be very careful of what you put it on.

Was this friend here in Thailand? If so where did she get her wallpaper from?

Yes she was working here in Chiang Mai. I don't know where she bought it if she used it at all.

Check around about mold with it. I never really discussed it with her it was just mentioned in passing as she was telling me they often have to remove it because of the mold.

Maybe there is other posters here with greater knowledge on the subject than I. My friend has moved to another city.

Go to I. S. behind Big C Extra. They have the best choice I have found here.

Behind Big C Extra mall near Index? Across the parking lot and soi in the back? Is there a sign on building I can look for? I really want the best selection. This sounds like a great lead and what I was looking for. Thx for the help.

Edited by SecretAgentMan

I had a friend who did house painting and other redecorating projects. She told me that wall paper very often attracted mold. So be very careful of what you put it on.

Was this friend here in Thailand? If so where did she get her wallpaper from?

Yes she was working here in Chiang Mai. I don't know where she bought it if she used it at all.

Check around about mold with it. I never really discussed it with her it was just mentioned in passing as she was telling me they often have to remove it because of the mold.

Maybe there is other posters here with greater knowledge on the subject than I. My friend has moved to another city.

Whole houses here in our development are wallpapered (upstairs and downstairs) with no problems. I would guess anyone who has problems might have a water source on the other side, like a shower with tile on a poorly prepared wall and/or cracked grout. Wall are very porous and the water will wick through over time.

• Like 1

Wallpaper is 70s-ish. If you have ever had to remove it, and prep the walls for painting; you wouldn't touch it. It is also very taste specific, non-nuetral. What you think is beautiful; might make a prospective buyer throw up, or make huge deductions in my offer. My nephew just stole a house they've nicknamed the pumpkin house, because the trim is orange. An absolutely beautiful house that was being passed up by some thing a lot easier to change than wall-paper.

Wallpaper is 70s-ish. If you have ever had to remove it, and prep the walls for painting; you wouldn't touch it. It is also very taste specific, non-nuetral. What you think is beautiful; might make a prospective buyer throw up, or make huge deductions in my offer. My nephew just stole a house they've nicknamed the pumpkin house, because the trim is orange. An absolutely beautiful house that was being passed up by some thing a lot easier to change than wall-paper.

Well our new house in CM came with wallpaper, all part of the original price, or no wallpaper if that's your choice and with a discount.

The developer offered several choices of wallpaper, all neutral tones, some with very simple and very light patterns. All with anti-mold treatment and

to some extent washable.

We chose a very light cream color, very simple very light , every room and stairwell. No wallpaper in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Very happy with the result.

Edited by scorecard