Jasmine plants

I just baught some Jasmine plants. When i got them i repotted them with a mix of compost and coconut husk for drainage, thats what the garden center said to do. My question is, how much water do they like? Is it easier to overwater them or underwater them? They started off with flowers and buds and now they have neither... To water everyday or not? Cheers

errr... there are a few plants casually referred to as Jasmine, I wonder which one you have? Watering is a matter of experience and judgement.

I asked the flower lady which kind they were she just replied "Thai Mali" Guess thats not much help (Thai jasmine)... But you don't know if in gerneral Thai jasmine likes a lot or a little of watering? The soil seems very moist, not wet. However the leaves seem to be drying out.

'ang on mate, the wife is asleep. Get back tomorrow on that, she'll know.. Let's assume you didn't give any of the dreaded Thai fertiliser, and that the roots haven't been damaged.

Any chance of a foto?

Ill get you a couple of pics in the morning. I didn't damage the root ball when re potting and i haven't given them any fertilizer (yet) Was planning on it though...

You will most likely find that Thai Jasmine refers to Jasminium sambac or Biblical Jasmine. According to Wikipedia it is Malila (มะลิลา).

It is the jasmine the Thais make garlands to offer to Buddha and often get sold at the road intersections.

Your potting mix does not sound like it is very free draining . I always use a bit of sharp sand or gravel to aid drainage . I am assuming they are in pots. Are they in ground or in pots . Full Sun ? or shade?

Also your plants may have finished flowering which is a good time to cut back for the next flowering.

My jasime are planted in the yard, so they get rain or don't get rain. They always have flowers, although not huge quantities. What i have noticed is that jasime seem to be most sensitive to sunlight - they need full sun. If they are shaded they usually do not thrive.

Just my 2 cents...

Interesting comments thanks. Maybe i should of put some gravel or sand in the mix to aid drainage. Although i don't think i dare mess around re potting them again.

The sun tends to give them full sunlight from midday onwards so i suppose thats fine. Maybe i'll try to water them slightly less if people say they don't like too much watering. I'll go take some pictures later.