Thailand's first tourist court to open in Pattaya tomorrow, 5 Sep

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Defeatists on here

Never heard so much crap,Ulot moan more than my mum lol.Lets give it a try and see how it goes.I bet some of u who have moaned,drive on the pavement,wrong side of the road,and try to bribe officers

Maybe your mother has had good reason to moan in the past.

As people have pointed out, this is almost certainly a case of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

If they addressed the problems then there would be no need of this new "magic" court.

Agree totally. some posters on here do nothing but moan for moaning sake. If nothing gets done, then that's "just typical Thailand" if something gets done, then it's either "papering over the cracks " or "the wrong thing being done" or for the wrong reasons. Courts are there to try and sort out differences between tourists and vendors. They aren't going to stop jet ski scammers pushing guns in your face which seems a popular example on here. It is a step in the right direction.

Not defeatist - then you are a nut! Scams happen everywhere, disputes over price and quality do happen everywhere. It is courts as well that provide justice and order and if it's open to public and jet ski scammers are accounted guilty once wouldn't that prevent future crimes? What do you expect? The police to become real over night? Well that aint going to happen. A tourist court could protect tourists even from corrupt Police. Following your logic we shouldn't open new hospitals but should eliminate injuries and deseases first. Get real!

Not defeatists, just think that it would be better to tackle the problem at the source and to prevent crimes, scams etc. How on earth does the thought of a court make tourists feel safe from criminals? It is not the courts role to prevent and detect offence and provide a safe and orderly society that is the role of the police with the assistance of governments. The courts are where you go after the incident and not before it happens. You won't be going to the courts to negotiate the price of your extortion before you hire a jet ski. These courts will not have the Phuket mafia or other criminal elements packing up shop and fleeing it will still be business as usual.

1. Defeatists on here

Never heard so much crap,Ulot moan more than my mum lol.Lets give it a try and see how it goes.I bet some of u who have moaned,drive on the pavement,wrong side of the road,and try to bribe officers

I doubt very much that the scammers are going to allow you to walk away prior to paying up just so you can go and book a court date. You will still be surrounded by thugs and have a firearm shoved in your face until you empty your wallet.

I am not sure this "tourist court" will help much. On average there are 417 "guns shoved up your nose" cases every day. It is becoming sooo popular that many tour companies are now advertising this "newest" tourist attraction. No longer do thrill seekers look for bungee jumping, sling shot rides 100 meters above the ground, shooting class IV rapids! How boring is that!!

But getting a gun shoved up your nose after getting scammed by the local mafia jet ski scammers, the police and Thai Government.

First Choice Tours in Ireland are the first to promote this new adventure under their "Craic'ng Good Gun of Fun" Tour.......

Sheesh more drama queens on this site than in a Thai "Ladyboy" locker room.

• Like 2

Will they be seriously dealing with complaints of double-pricing? Which I believe is illegal.

You must be new here.....again.....repeated for the umpteenth thousandth time......there is no double-pricing in Thailand (which you believe is illegal......what country are you from??)! I might guess the "Nanny" state of Australia, where I believe they have just passed a law that it is illegal to pick your own nose as this violates the law of one shall not cause "brain damage" to oneself or others.

Local Thai residents get discounts on items that are produced, manufactured, promoted or sold in their home country.....the regular price is the price you pay. And as far a as I am aware providing a discount is not illegal....you are just a lousy bargainer.

The last big bright idea they had to make tourists feel safe was for tourists to report incidents at 7 Eleven, how did that concept pan out? Apparently it hasn't had much effect on crime.

Edited by chooka

Sorry to be an idiot but did anyone notice where the Pattaya Court would be located?

yes its in laos...then tat will say not a single incident.we told you it was crime free..but you no rissen...w00t.gif ...sorry that was childish...ive banned meselfw00t.gif ....

Good idea: legitimise jet ski and scooter scammers by 'opening negotiations'. These bastards shouldn't be given a forum to negotiate, they should be imprisoned.

I agree they could run an operation and wipe the scammers out in a week. Arrest them and charge with "Going equipped to steal/cheat, deceptions and assaults. seize their jet skis (part of going equipped) and all monies and other asset being proceeds of crime. Sell their asset (money into consolidated revenue) imprison them and give lifetime bans from the beach areas. Do this to a couple and a few others might just get the idea that the authorities are serious and bugger off. Definitely cheaper than building courthouses and employing judges to replace police in negotiations.

Please please PLEASE have a Thai Visa wanna-be reporter on the scene giving reports and updates.

This could be the biggest and best-est thread that TV has EVER seen. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Pictures would be nice tongue.png

I think it is more likely to be one that will appear in meebal

Sorry to be an idiot but did anyone notice where the Pattaya Court would be located?

The Boxing Ring within the Best Friend Beer Bar complex on Beach Road, close to all the likely complainants and defendants, plenty of seats and refreshments - what could go wrong?

Is that place still there or is it a hotel or another mall yet ?

1. Defeatists on here

Spot on. Thats the main reason for reading the posts on this forum. I wouldn't miss the collective wisdom dispensed on this forum for anything. clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thats a start. At least they are finally recognizing that there is a problem. They need to clean up some of the Bt taxi drivers who l have seen on numerous occasions assault customers. Might be also a good idea to teach the male population how to smile and occasionally say 'thanks' in this the 'Land of Smiles'

Good idea: legitimise jet ski and scooter scammers by 'opening negotiations'. These bastards shouldn't be given a forum to negotiate, they should be imprisoned.

I agree they could run an operation and wipe the scammers out in a week. Arrest them and charge with "Going equipped to steal/cheat, deceptions and assaults. seize their jet skis (part of going equipped) and all monies and other asset being proceeds of crime. Sell their asset (money into consolidated revenue) imprison them and give lifetime bans from the beach areas. Do this to a couple and a few others might just get the idea that the authorities are serious and bugger off. Definitely cheaper than building courthouses and employing judges to replace police in negotiations.

I like a non confrontational approach, fits in nicely with the culture.

By putting the dispute in the courts, and not having it go on in some grotty Police station full of corrupt police wanting a piece of the pie, it may install some confidence in the tourists wanting to complain, thus perhaps improving the already filthy city of Pattaya's police where they are the most corrupt in all of Thailand (fact)
Or maybe its the BIB idea in the first place, lets milk the tourists but make them feel better about the ordeal, just make sure we get our cut for bringing the perpetrators to the court and we get 20% of the fines.

money always flows upwards, the closer to the top the more you pay.
the courts want their piece now too.

1. Defeatists on here

Not defeatists, just think that it would be better to tackle the problem at the source and to prevent crimes, scams etc. How on earth does the thought of a court make tourists feel safe from criminals? It is not the courts role to prevent and detect offence and provide a safe and orderly society that is the role of the police with the assistance of governments. The courts are where you go after the incident and not before it happens. You won't be going to the courts to negotiate the price of your extortion before you hire a jet ski. These courts will not have the Phuket mafia or other criminal elements packing up shop and fleeing it will still be business as usual.

I doubt very much that the scammers are going to allow you to walk away prior to paying up just so you can go and book a court date. You will still be surrounded by thugs and have a firearm shoved in your face until you empty your wallet.

IMO a true statement but where else in Thailand can you go? This court may be the only option because there are no options now. I doubt it will work because nothing else has helped foreigners before. And whose to say they are going to help expats? Maybe only tourist.

There will be new lawyers offices cropping up around these new courts hoping to create a whole new scam. Grab the guy headed to Tourist Court and tell him he has no chance without a lawyer. They will put the jet ski operators to shame.

• Like 2

They never seem to pay attention to the farangs that LIVE here. What about the daily crime of noise against human sensibilities?

Good luck getting anyone to listen to that.rolleyes.gif (They can't hear it over the din of the boom box cars.)

Huh?

There will be new lawyers offices cropping up around these new courts hoping to create a whole new scam. Grab the guy headed to Tourist Court and tell him he has no chance without a lawyer. They will put the jet ski operators to shame.

Or maybe offices where you can hire 'professional pointers' to accompany you to court and back up your story.

• Like 1

I did see 2 vans driving around Phuket on my way to work with the sign on the back window saying "If you think my driving is dangerous please cal 08**********".... Now thats a first for me to see, which seems as though the Thais are trying to make an effort, same as the court i guess.