London mayor Boris Johnson's aide son's 'drug rave death' in Thailand

webfact

Boris Johnson's aide son's 'drug rave death' in Thailand

LONDON: -- THE son of a key aide of Boris Johnson died after a beach rave in Thailand, an inquest heard yesterday.

Andrew Lister, 28 – son of the London mayor’s deputy Sir Edward Lister – was found unconscious in his hotel on Koh Phangan.

The council officer, from Wandsworth, south London, had taken cocaine and heroin “over a four-month period”, pathologist Dr Michael Heath said.

Traces of amphetamine were also found in his body.

Westminster coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox said alcohol, drugs and lack of sleep led to Andrew’s death.

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/426741/Boris-Johnson-s-aide-son-s-drug-rave-death-in-Thailand

-- Express 2013-09-05

Such poor reporting.....absolutely nothing to do with Boris... so

Man found dead in his hotel room...... then likely causes.... then brief history of mans background including perhaps his family who are obviously distraught.....

Yes but he won't do it again will he?

I am still amazed that monkeys still need the local police to help with their problems !

Because I don't want to meet this kind of problems I am smart enough to avoid having kids !

Take your own risk ! And it also seem that you don't know that people who do dope like it, so open your mind and you will have more fun.

Edited by Rooo
Removed deleted quote & response

My condolences also but all these people who cannot understand that some others just don't care about people death or their own death just amaze me ! I do not ask anybody to cry or feel anything when I die so don't expect me to feel anything when other people die, close people or not, this is life, if you don't like it talk to your parents or accept it the way it is.

• Like 1

I am still amazed that monkeys still need the local police to help with their problems !

Because I don't want to meet this kind of problems I am smart enough to avoid having kids !

Take your own risk ! And it also seem that you don't know that people who do dope like it, so open your mind and you will have more fun.

No. Totally inappropriate - a person died - its the end of their life, the end of their family being able to see them, to tell that person how much they are loved by the father and mother, brothers or sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins, and friends and distant family and relations. It is the end of the happiness for so many, and the beginning of great sadness for his family, and so many others related or friends.

It is the end of hopes, dreams, and love. The end of the chance to grow and learn in the world, as we all who are left, do every day - but he is gone forever, and those hopes and dreams are shattered now - not just his hopes and dreams, but those of so many who knew and loved him.

Perhaps it did happen as a result of his own indulgence, or maybe it was a mistake, and he never realised how dangerous it was.

The horror that comes from such a fate, and the pain it causes so many, is nothing to celebrate.

The only good that can come from this, if such a term may be applied, is that it serves again to illustrate the dangers of drugs, and provides at least some small glimmer of hope that maybe one life may be saved by seeing what can happen, but even then, it is hardly worth a life, simply to illustrate the danger of such action.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I partly agree with what you are saying, but why don't I ever see a similar post after a Thai kid kills himself driving of a cliff or into a shop with his motorbike while drunk or something similar. Then the prevailing response is 'som nam na' or 'Darwin award'. Yet now we should all go boo-hoo? Edited by Rooo
Removed deleted quote & response
  • Like 2

End of life as finality is a very Western view.

Other cultures may take death as a beginning, a lesson learned, a time to start on to the next life, even something to be celebrated.

I recall reading that Ancient Inca sacrificial children took large doses of coca and alcohol for the last year of their life.

Some who subscribe to said Ancient/Eastern/Asiatic/Non-Western/Whatever views might take offence comments about hopes, dreams, and love citing how important it is to complete one's duty in this life a quickly as possible ...

Of course your beliefs are exactly those and neither of us really knows what happens beyond the urn/grave/crypt/stasis chamber.

• Like 1

I have edited some posts to remove a deleted quote & response.
Just a heads up, if you can't be polite please do not post. Such posts are considered as troll posts & offenders will be treated as such.

No. Totally inappropriate - a person died - its the end of their life, the end of their family being able to see them, to tell that person how much they are loved by the father and mother, brothers or sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins, and friends and distant family and relations. It is the end of the happiness for so many, and the beginning of great sadness for his family, and so many others related or friends.

It is the end of hopes, dreams, and love. The end of the chance to grow and learn in the world, as we all who are left, do every day - but he is gone forever, and those hopes and dreams are shattered now - not just his hopes and dreams, but those of so many who knew and loved him.

Perhaps it did happen as a result of his own indulgence, or maybe it was a mistake, and he never realised how dangerous it was.

The horror that comes from such a fate, and the pain it causes so many, is nothing to celebrate.

The only good that can come from this, if such a term may be applied, is that it serves again to illustrate the dangers of drugs, and provides at least some small glimmer of hope that maybe one life may be saved by seeing what can happen, but even then, it is hardly worth a life, simply to illustrate the danger of such action.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Come on, he was on a regular cocktail of drugs according to the coroner's report.

• Like 1

I wonder why the other UK deaths in Thailand don't get the attention of the Westminster Coroner...?

The coroner is decided by the district in which they lived as a result of the precedent explained here:

The death of Helen Smith and her father's subsequent campaign led to a change in the rules regarding inquests into violent or unnatural deaths abroad.[2] The West Yorkshire Coroner, Philip Gill had declined to hold an inquest, concluding that the case was outside his jurisdiction. However, although his decision was upheld by the High Court, in July 1982 the Court of Appeal ordered the inquest to go ahead. The ruling imposed a duty on coroners to investigate deaths abroad where the body was returned to England and Wales.[4] The hearing was billed as the inquest of the century, but failed to give Ron Smith the closure he had wanted. The jury returned an open verdict.[4] The 1982 ruling had an impact on thousands of cases and was later cited as a reason for the decision to hold an inquest into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Smith_(nurse)

Edited by evadgib

if ur parents shared ur views, we would be spared ur claptrap.