Glass Partition Wall

Erwin1011

I like to set up a glass partition wall to reduce my aircon cost and at the same time keep the natural light inflow. What I'm looking for is something similar to shop windows where you glue glass panels together. they are anything between 0.8mm and 1 cm thick. I need about 85 sq m + a glass entry door.

does anybody know a reliable shop in Bangkok, that can provide this and some indications for a price?

Maigo,jdinasia,

No, I mean glass panels that are glued somehow together to form a larger panel. the larger panel is then framed in at the ceiling and at the floor and sides. If you look at larger shop windows you can see the technique used. the panels glued together seem to form one continuous glas surface. The inquieries I made always result in the same answer: mai lu, ordered by the architect. I try to avoid going through an architect because I know they take hefty commisions on these things...

Starbucks uses these type quite often...

I want to close off a mezzanine type of situation in my house that way.

Edited by Erwin1011

having worked in a glass factory that included also architectural glass:

silicone of varioius sorts are used to put the panes together , u need to go by safety standards if there are any in thailand (israel doesnt have for arch. glass) so either tempered glass or laminated (double layer with special pvc sandwiched in middle) as a safety feature, there are also california glass which keep heat from coming in to house etc (havent been in our factory for 5 years so not up on latest)... but should use architect because glass is heavy, installment is often difficult , engineering problems etc.... \\

we also do curved arch. glass, bullet proof vehicle and arch. glass etc but didnt have time to check with our dept for info (i work in tourist industry now so no time) ...

if u really want info i could ask my in law since he's an engineer at our factory for info (im not advertising here i dont do sales stuff and they only do big projects not small houses when doing over seas anyway unless u want bulletproof.....)\

just caught my eye cause of the glass....

bina

isael

Bina, hi,

That is exactly what i'm looking for. don't need bulletproof. feel perfectly safe inside my own house. So far I have not seen signals of murder thoughts from my wife :o

I do not think there are structural problems as the panes will rest on a heavy support beam across the width of the house.

I measured it up again and the total length to cover is 275 cm by 227 cm of height. It runs between 2 upstanding pilars for vertical support, so that should not be a problem neither. But I would appreciate if your in law could give some specifics on weight for such panes and if possible a reference for a company in Thailand, where I could get these things..

Thanks

Erwin

Hi,

While looking for something else I ran across this site in BKK I believe. Is this what you are looking for?

wall of glass

by the way if anywone knows of any uPVC sliding screen doors with low profile frames (mainly bottom slide) in the Pattaya area, I'd sure like to know. Also looking for some window screens to use with some PVC windows purchased here without screens.

Thanks,

Beachbunny