Trouble at rubber farmers rally was staged: Thai press

webfact

I don't think it was the red shirts in this case. They haven't got enough of a collective intelligence to pull this off and remain unknown.

Nation Multimedia Group reporter Apichart Hongsakul said the young men who attacked police do not appear to be farmers and they were well equipped with home-made weapons including metal pipes and home-made explosives.

Has redshirts written all over it ! Bet they were on 500 a day.

Nation Multimedia Group reporter Apichart Hongsakul said the young men who attacked police do not appear to be farmers and they were well equipped with home-made weapons including metal pipes and home-made explosives.

No it doesn't.

Seems more like the yellowshirt/Democrat type of instigation.

What year are you living in?

Is this another paid for smoke screen to take the pressure off the MPs aggressive ongoing tactics? to change the Constitution, and bring in the Amnesties.... Now who I wonder would benefit from such a devious diversion???

The fact that the Police didn't move in to break this up,leads me to believe: their obvious allegiance to the Red Shirts,was a clear conflict of interests.

Edited by MAJIC

I would like to suggest who would benefit from such a devious diversion, but it would only agitate gk, who is furiously trying to remove a foot from his mouth.

And I don't think there is such a thing as a conflict of interests in LOS. biggrin.png

• Like 1

This whole situation has the stench of hypocracy and discrimination about it.  The governments appeasement of northern farmers and disinterest with their southern cohorts is indicative of this governments perpetuation of a North/ South divide in this country.  As these disenfrachised groups become more vocal and their demand ignored they will become more radical.

PTP reconcilliantion at its finest.

You have conveniently neglected to acknowledge the large sums of money  pledged to the southern growers and processors,

Why is Songkhla  quiet? This is the 2nd largest rubber producing region and where most of the processing occurs. Yet, the protests have been few and far between.

Care to adjust your conspiracy  allegation  in light of that reality, or do you just  want to cling to the hatred of PTP no matter what?

Songkhla is a town in the Hat Yai province. Although our PM was confused about it's status it is not a region.

Neither is it quiet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This whole situation has the stench of hypocracy and discrimination about it. The governments appeasement of northern farmers and disinterest with their southern cohorts is indicative of this governments perpetuation of a North/ South divide in this country. As these disenfrachised groups become more vocal and their demand ignored they will become more radical.

You have conveniently neglected to acknowledge the large sums of money pledged to the southern growers and processors,

Why is Songkhla quiet? This is the 2nd largest rubber producing region and where most of the processing occurs. Yet, the protests have been few and far between.

Care to adjust your conspiracy allegation in light of that reality, or do you just want to cling to the hatred of PTP no matter what?

I think the governments actions speak for themselves. PS: Your attempt to discredit my post with emotive words like hate, only indicates the lack of substance your Thaksin proxy government spin andyour lack of lateral thinking. Then again red cultists are not meant to think. AS for my attitude towards the current Thai administration is one of complete disrespect for their actions, leaders, agenda and mismanagement of the country and its economy.

• Like 2

No it doesn't.

It's ridiculous for the Democrats to discredit their supporters and... BTW the yellow shirts and Dems are not connected especially in the way the Red Shirts are a creation of and are the 'food soldiers' for Dr. Thaksin's puppet regime governing under the Puea Thai label.

• Like 1

Haha. Much more likely a politician with the initial "S".

Nothing to be gained by the PTP if there is violence.

PTP has everything to gain if they can put the blame for the violence on the protestors. It make the protestors seem unreasonable and dangerous and it excuses any harsh crackdown. You are either a die hard PT supporter or extremely naïve. I know GK in not naïve but a self appointed spokesman for the government. I have yet to read him seriously criticize anything this government does.

• Like 1

Haha. Much more likely a politician with the initial "S".

Exactly. And by 'S' I refer to a prominent Democrat MP from Surat Thani. Of course, no one would put this kind of stunt above PT, but in this case it would hardly make sense, and 'S' certainly has his own history in this area.

The two of you are a 'self licking ice cream cone'.

No it doesn't.

The rubber farmers' protests are directed at the government, gk. Why the heck would the Democrats want to disrupt that protest. A-la the redshirts trying to disrupt the Democrats rallys, or anyone who protests against the PTP for that matter.

Have you had your coffee this morning ???

A classic line. Keep them coming mate. clap2.gif

Clearly a fanciful idea that a group of protesters or a political group behind them would escalate a situation with violence including targetting members of the press so as to cause trouble for the current government - can't think where anybody could get such an idea from.

A 'normal' person would deduce that attacking the press and making it look as if it was done by the protestors would cause the press to take the government's side. In this case, the press didn't buy it and have reported a 'third hand'.(government 'false flag' operation) as the offending party and not the planters. PTP FAIL!

The real victim here is Thailand, a serious lack of proof, leading to all sorts of uncertainties and accusations. In a country where all police seem to be armed, I cannot understand how these thugs acted with impunity.

I think it was only last year, the government was paying people to plant rubber trees and supporting them for some years, correct me if I am wrong?? This was what I heard from a friend of mine up here in Isaan.

It was 2005 and a vote getting scheme/scam by then PM Thaksin Shinawatra to get the votes from rice farmers. It was a fiasco to put it kindly. "The rubber seeds came late. The rainy season was almost over. As the dry season approached, anxious farmers planted the seeds and they prayed. The seeds failed to grow. The farmers' lands were once again barren." link: http://report.globalintegrity.org/Thailand/2007/notebook/print

• Like 1

This whole situation has the stench of hypocracy and discrimination about it. The governments appeasement of northern farmers and disinterest with their southern cohorts is indicative of this governments perpetuation of a North/ South divide in this country. As these disenfrachised groups become more vocal and their demand ignored they will become more radical.

You have conveniently neglected to acknowledge the large sums of money pledged to the southern growers and processors,

Why is Songkhla quiet? This is the 2nd largest rubber producing region and where most of the processing occurs. Yet, the protests have been few and far between.

Care to adjust your conspiracy allegation in light of that reality, or do you just want to cling to the hatred of PTP no matter what?

"Why is Songkhla quiet?"

Because they are under martial law?

PTP has everything to gain if they can put the blame for the violence on the protestors. It make the protestors seem unreasonable and dangerous and it excuses any harsh crackdown. You are either a die hard PT supporter or extremely naïve. I know GK in not naïve but a self appointed spokesman for the government. I have yet to read him seriously criticize anything this government does.

That's because in his eyes they do no wrong.

A 'normal' person would deduce that attacking the press and making it look as if it was done by the protestors would cause the press to take the government's side. In this case, the press didn't buy it and have reported a 'third hand'.(government 'false flag' operation) as the offending party and not the planters. PTP FAIL!

We are not dealing with a "normal" person. Have a look at anyone who avidly supports Thaksin, the PTP, or the redshirt terrorist organization. The same type of people supported despots in earlier eras. History will tell you how it ended for them.