repair shop for nikon D90

govoner

I unfortunately dropped my D90 and broke the rear display screen.

The camera still works i just cannot view the pics or operate the menu.

Does anyone know a good Nikon repair shop in Pattaya, or any experiences getting a Nikon repaired here?

Thanks

I had a similar problem a year or two ago with the panel in front of the LCD cracked. The LCD was fine. I wasn't able to find any shops here who could fix it, all they could offer was to send it to Nikon in Bangkok for repair. I then called Nikon Bangkok to see if they would sell me the plastic panel but they refused, insisting I had to ship the camera to Bangkok for repair. I ended up calling Nikon USA and have them send over the panel. I think the total cost was $20 or so, and the repair was pretty simple to do. Check youtube for howto guides.

• Like 2

Call the official service center in Bangkok: 026-335100

Then arrange an appointment. Their address: 195 Empire Tower, River Wing East, South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok

Cleaned sensor in my D90 and replaced a film door in my good ol' F100. Both work fine now.

• Like 1

I have only had excellent service from Nikon in Bangkok.

So unless you can do the repair yourself (as suggested above) I recommend you send it to them.

I sent mine by EMS (well packaged) it came back after about 3 working days also by EMS.

On the 1st occasion it was a lens problem which was prepared for about 1200 Bht

On the 2nd occasion the camera needed a shutter repair which they did for a little more than 2000. They also cleaned the camera inside thoroughly because over the years there had been a build-up gunge from the humid conditions.

On both occasions the head technician called me (speaking excellent English) to tell me what was wrong and how much it would cost before he started.

I wouldn't waste time with any shops.

http://www.niksthailand.co.th/contact.php

Incidentally, the lens problem occurred whilst I was in the UK.

From memory, Nikon UK wanted a minimum of £50 ( six years ago) just to look at the camera and told me it would take at least 6 weeks!

Since I was only in the UK for a short time I concluded Nikon Bangkok was a much better option.

The 2nd time my camera broke down I was in Nan.

I took it into an old-fashioned camera shop in the town (just in case it something really simple) but the aged owner concluded I would need to send it to a Nikon agent.

I looked online for Nikon repair agents in the north of Thailand and found one in Chiang Mai . I called them and explained the problem.

"Do you think you can fix it?" I said.

"Yes, I think so", was the reply.

We were 4 days into a month long trip around the North and I only have a small Canon compact as backup, so I wanted the Nikon repaired as quickly as possible.

So we drove the 350 km from Nan to Chiang Mai.

Now, I have nothing against Chiang Mai, in fact I quite like the place but, having visited on many occasions I had no plans to go there again.

Needless to say, it was a waste of time. As soon as the technician looked at the camera he concluded that they would have to send it to Bangkok and it would take about a month.

So I waited until I got back home and sent it myself.

It was eventually repaired satisfactorily but I include the following just as a word of warning for digital camera owners.

When the camera came back after 4 or 5 days the shutter appeared to be working but I was getting all sorts of lines and strange patterns on the screen.

Naturally, I was a little bit pissed off so I called Nikon and explained the problem. but they assured me that it had been working perfectly well when it left their workshop.

So I tested it in every way I could think of and still had screen display problems. I could find no information online or in the manual so I called Nikon again and they said, "Send it back to us and we will double check everything at no extra charge."

The technician called me a couple of days later and said it had been through their workshop and everything was fine.

I had the camera back 24 hours later and still the same problem with the display.

Now the only thing that you keep when you send the camera away for repair is your memory card.

It suddenly dawned on me that this was the only part that had not been checked.

Somehow, when the shutter broke down the memory card had become corrupted

So I formatted the card and everything has been fine since.

• Like 1

Call the official service center in Bangkok: 026-335100

Then arrange an appointment. Their address: 195 Empire Tower, River Wing East, South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok

Cleaned sensor in my D90 and replaced a film door in my good ol' F100. Both work fine now.

+1

Took Jomtien airport bus, airport link to Phaya Thai, BTS to Chong Nonsi. Empire building right there. Didn't have an appointment, but they wanted my passport to enter the building. Back to my condo in under 6 hours. D80 had an error message, and had a 70-300mm lens cleaned. 3000tb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just to update on my D90 repair.

Sent it via DHL Tipp plaza at a cost around 600 bht to nikon repair centre Riverside bkk

They inspected it and phoned me to tell me damage and price.

To replace the TFT monitor ,rear cover and a few small parts was around 6000 baht.

They recommended cleaning the lens element ( 2100 baht) and replacing the VR lens unit (5000 baht)

As this would take longer than the week i am here i opted for the LCD repair only.

The camera arrived back at DHL Tipp plaza in around a total of 4 days, after i deposited the money to their bank.

Nikon was very professional and easy to deal with

not sure about the price but i got to live with it.