Purchasing Land

gemguy

According to my Visa agent I can legally purchase land by way of my infant child.

I am waiting for the information from him regarding how a foriegner can purchase land registered in the name of the child

Meantime, does anyone have any knowledge or experience buying land by way of your child.

It has to be a cash purchase.

One parent is appointed manager of the land on the chanote when the purchase is made.

Appointed parent is by consensus of both parents, can be a foreigner, appointment is until child is 20.

Land cannot be sold, no type of rental or lease can be issues on the land for longer than 3 years.

Beware of Thai parent sabotage getting land office to say 'NO' either to registration or foreigner manager.

It has to be a cash purchase.

One parent is appointed manager of the land on the chanote when the purchase is made.

Appointed parent is by consensus of both parents, can be a foreigner, appointment is until child is 20.

Land cannot be sold, no type of rental or lease can be issues on the land for longer than 3 years.

Beware of Thai parent sabotage getting land office to say 'NO' either to registration or foreigner manager.

So the Farang can operate as the Manager of the land for 20 years and as soon as the child turns 20 years old, the land belongs to the child. The Farang will still not own any land.

As a reminder: A Farang can not own land in Thailand unless he acquires Thai-Nationality or qualifies for an "Investor-Visa". Investor-Visa= must invest 40 Million Baht in Thailand as a minimum.

Cheers.