Documents to buy a scooter

Bmouthboyo

Hi guys,

Can anyone let me know what I need document wise to have legal ownership of a bike I want to buy?

Someone from my work is selling a bike at a good price that I would like but my problem is at the moment I am waiting for my work permit which shoukd be through end of September. My work have my passport for the process.

Any way i can buy bike now and paperwork later?

Cheers

Yes you can buy the bike now and do the paperwork later but you should get from the seller

1. Green book signed

2. Copy of ID Card signed if Thai or residence certificate and passport copies signed if Farang

3. Power of Attorney form signed

4. Transfer paper signed

Hope this helps

Yes you can buy the bike now and do the paperwork later but you should get from the seller

1. Green book signed

2. Copy of ID Card signed if Thai or residence certificate and passport copies signed if Farang

3. Power of Attorney form signed

4. Transfer paper signed

Hope this helps

Thats great thanks. Sorry if this sounds silly but where would i get 2 and 3 from? And is number 2 just so you can prove it was bought if BIB get funny or is it essential part of transfer process? The bike is from a farang who works with me.

• 3 months later...

What if the last registered owner has already returned to the West, so #2 cannot be completely fulfilled? The seller can mail or email (signatures are never verified, just need to be from a blue ink pen) copies of all forms, but it would be impossible to get a residence certificate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app