New Zealand Man Shot Dead In Pattaya

hm1973

I have just received pictures of a New Zealand man who was shot dead in Pattaya. It will be on the PCN website later today. It was a single shot to the side of his head, near his ear. His name is Stephen Jeffery Miller aged 50 from New Zealand. At the moment I have no further details and have only recieved the pictures which are pretty graphic.

Anyway, just thought I would let you guys know about this.

Howard from PCN

any updates? does anybody know who this guy is and why he was shot?

It seems strange that nobody has posted anthing in the past 2.5 hours on this story but many people are posting about changing the name of the Pattya forum, mobile phones and rock n roll etc!!! Some falang gets shot in the head in our town and people carry on like nothing has happened, talking about pure crap!!

any updates? does anybody know who this guy is and why he was shot?

It seems strange that nobody has posted anthing in the past 2.5 hours on this story but many people are posting about changing the name of the Pattya forum, mobile phones and rock n roll etc!!! Some falang gets shot in the head in our town and people carry on like nothing has happened, talking about pure crap!!

So what do you want, people to start theorising about the reasons behind the shooting?

I know nothing more than that written in the OP, but OK I'll play.

I very much doubt suicide, the limited 'facts' stated make it sound more like an execution.

Anyone else?

Vivid imaginations preferred of course... :o

So what do you want, people to start theorising about the reasons behind the shooting?

I know nothing more than that written in the OP, but OK I'll play.

I very much doubt suicide, the limited 'facts' stated make it sound more like an execution.

Anyone else?

Vivid imaginations preferred of course... :o

Why not Noel? how many times have you been on this forum and somebody has been tried, found guilty and hung drawn and quartered. Not exactly a new concept here!!

I was wondering if anybody knew him? It seems a shame that anybody should get killed in this way Thai or Falang but what is worrying is that it happened in broad daylight and I believe(not confirmed) that he was taken from the Gym opposite Index Sukhumvit and shot behind Big C!!

I was wondering if anybody knew him? It seems a shame that anybody should get killed in this way Thai or Falang but what is worrying is that it happened in broad daylight and I believe(not confirmed) that he was taken from the Gym opposite Index Sukhumvit and shot behind Big C!!

That doesnt sound very professional :o

Perhaps it is best to wait for PCN, the cutting edge of Pattaya journalism, to put us straight.

Breaking news peppered with indisputable facts, plus of course extensive follow up is their stamp... :o

Edited by Noel

New Zealand man murdered in North Pattaya.

At 10.30 on Thursday Morning Pattaya Police received word of a fatal shooting inside Soi Petragoon in North Pattaya. Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police along with other senior officers went to the scene and inspected the body of Mr. Stephen Jeffery Miller aged 40 from New Zealand. An initial inspection of the body revealed a single gun shot wound just under his right ear. He was carrying a blue Universe Gym Pattaya bag which was full of sports equipment and a small amount of cash and a mobile phone, suggesting he was either returning from or on his way to the Gym which supports information received which indicated he would attend the gym on a regular basis.

Witnesses mentioned that two Thai men on a motorbike drove next to the victim as was driving along the road and the passenger who was wearing a hooded coat, expelled a single shot, causing Mr. Miller to fall from his bike after sustaining a fatal head trauma.

Police are now investigating the case and tell us that the man is currently in a relationship with a Thai woman, Khun Gintana from Udon Thani Province who is currently not in Pattaya. They have been together for only 2 months and were staying at the Perfect Deluxe Mansions located along the Northern stretch of Pattaya Third Road, however Mr. Miller was known to be involved in a legal case regarding property ownership with a former girlfriend, Khun Ann from Sriracha. Both are now being contacted to determine if they were somehow involved in the case.

Mr. Miller, who has been in Pattaya for many years was involved in Property development and was known to be working with a number of local high profile property companies. We are now in close contact with the New Zealand Embassy who are conducting their own investigation into this disturbing murder case. They tell us that Mr. Miller is not known to them and it appears that he has no past criminal convictions or other problems back in New Zealand that the Police are aware of.

We expect updates on this story over the next few days and we will of course bring them to you here on Pattaya City News.

Thursday 20th April 2006

Pattaya City News

poor guy..

and the moral of the story is? :o

Be very careful when doing business in Thailand, better still don't bother ?

When you buy land or a house with a Thai wife or girlfriend, just put it in her name and be prepared to lose it rather than have legal issues over companies and leases?

poor guy..

When you buy land or a house with a Thai wife or girlfriend, just put it in her name and be prepared to lose it rather than have legal issues over companies and leases?

Maybe we're not all as scared and paranoid as you? :D

poor guy..

A really stupid statement :D

poor guy..

C'mon then hotshot, why is it so stupid?

By the way Brains, they are Questions not statements.

Edited by Maigo6

poor guy..

C'mon then hotshot, why is it so stupid?

By the way Brains, they are Questions not statements.

Because you put question marks at the end of statements it does not make them into questions.

So nobody has to do business in Thailand....stupid remark

So every one who has invested in property or land and happens to fall out with his partner should enter into the investment with the thought that eventually they will just give the whole lot away.......Yes that is really stupid.......

Maybe you are just talking from previous experience and you decided to give it all away........perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to the wisdom of your remarks.

Because you put question marks at the end of statements it does not make them into questions.

No, I was asking if that was the moral. It was a question.

Maybe you are just talking from previous experience and you decided to give it all away

You looking to flame a fellow member of this esteemed Forum? <=== That's also a question.

It certainly seems that way to me.

Pistols at Dawn? Another question.

You getting the idea now Mr Fox? Another question.

Stop making stupid remarks and concentrate. :o

Edited by Maigo6

chaps chaps come now.This is a thread about an execution.Lets put the wrongs and rights about why it happened away until we know a few more facts.And I agree this could have happened anywhere in Thailand,in fact,in the world.

Hope the law catches those responsible and makes it a high profile case,the only way to stop a ghetto forming.

Pistols at Dawn? Another question.

You getting the idea now Mr Fox? Another question.

Stop making stupid remarks and concentrate. :D

careful, Maigo6, you'll have that nice Mr Lemel getting all hot under the collar for ruining 'His" thread. :o

poor guy..

Hmmm, the above 'questions' strike me as somewhat rhetorical.

Why could that be, Maigo6, 'thereby hangs a tale' scenario perchance?

Watch out for that shadow that you may have noticed seems to follow you everywhere, as the evil bastard is after YOU! :D

Well, not been on the forum for a bit so this was the first thing I saw - more bad stories out of Pattaya, nothing much changes :D

This could happen anywhere in Thailand NOT only Pattaya. :o

SEEMS TO ME IT'S A BAD IDEA TO DO ANYTHING IN THAILAND where someone will benifit if you die, a few thousand baht and you're dead and somone gets very happy at the bank, sorry for caps

Seems either former gf or his work killed him? :o I'd surmise its something to do with the property development. Hope they catch the bastards - poor lad never saw it coming. :D

yep.If I was a betting man, I would say it's business related.

Hmmm, the above 'questions' strike me as somewhat rhetorical.

Why could that be, Maigo6, 'thereby hangs a tale' scenario perchance?

Watch out for that shadow that you may have noticed seems to follow you everywhere, as the evil bastard is after YOU! :D

This is a Forum I believe, this post is supposed to be about some poor guy that was shot dead in Pattaya, that guy seemed to be in some kind of Business that involved Property deals, also it was mentioned he had a legal case concerning an ex girlfriend over land matters.

I strongly suspect that his demise by obvious hitmen was something to do with his involvement in such things.

Is that Ok Noel, and all other guys here with thousands of posts? I mean what do I know about Pattaya, I'm not even a Bedlam member. :o

Seems either former gf or his work killed him? :o I'd surmise its something to do with the property development. Hope they catch the bastards - poor lad never saw it coming. :D

yep.If I was a betting man, I would say it's business related.

Yup ... It almost always seems to be business related. You can almost always

get away with diddling someone else's dolly :D, but when cold hard cash is involved

then things can get serious very quickly. :D

Naka.

Edited by naka

Perhaps it is best to wait for PCN, the cutting edge of Pattaya journalism, to put us straight.

Breaking news peppered with indisputable facts, plus of course extensive follow up is their stamp... :o

Yes, Yes, we all know you disdain them, and never seem to get tired of telling us.

But methinks you complaineth too much. :D

Naka.

Edited by naka