DIY Mexican motorized meat grinder

kikoman

Not for everyone, only those sausage makers, that enjoy making their own food and do not want to spend an excess of money on their hobby.

In the old days I used to use a hand drill to power a pump I had, so as when it came to upgrading my #10 manual meat grinder. I did the same thing I did then.

I already had the meat Grinder and my hand drill, I took the wing nut off the grinder (that holds the handle on) in my shop I found a bolt that fit into the grinder rotor, cut off the head of the bolt

Threaded the bolt into the rotor

post-91962-0-35887600-1378690392_thumb.j

post-91962-0-93923600-1378690441_thumb.j

post-91962-0-11868900-1378690494_thumb.j

Attached my drill to the Grinder

post-91962-0-30475300-1378690546_thumb.j

Turned on the power and it worked!

I did not grind any meat, but with the way it operated I have no doubt that it would work great under a load.

We always cut the meat in small pieces and have the meat almost frozen and the fat straight out of the freezer. Cold meat grinds better and eliminates the silver linings from clogging up the grinder plates.

Cheers:wai2.gif

• Like 1

I've replaced the wheel on my exercycle with a fan blade so my wife can cool me when the power goes off, which happens often. Haven't yet figured out how to "motorize" the wife so all is lost so far. Any suggestions? This'll be good!