Acupuncture in Pattaya for Frozen Shoulder Disorder ?

Gone

Just happened to randomly check the Pattaya forum and happened upon this thread. For what it's worth, I live in Chiang Mai.

I had a case of frozen shoulder back in 2011 that went away on its own accord over the course of a few months with gentle manipulation by a massage therapist.

Two years later, I had it in my other shoulder and nothing seemed to work. The same gentle stretching etc had no positive effect over a period of almost 6 months. I was finally referred to Dr. Chanakarn at Rajavej Hospital in Chiang Mai. First we tried a cortisone injection that didn't help at all. (400 baht). He then sent me for an MRI (8000 baht) and it showed that I had a couple bone spurs in my shoulder that over time had rubbed on the ligament and there was lots of scar tissue. I'm pretty sure it was due to a hard fall I took while snow skiing 25 years ago while in University. Who knows.

Anyhow... I opted for arthroscopic surgery where he shaved down the spurs and cleared out the scar tissue. I followed that with about 20 physical therapy sessions and over time, the mobility returned to about 95%.

The cost of the surgery and one night in the hospital was just over 90,000 baht. Physical therapy at Rajavej was 300 baht per session (not included in the 90,000) totaling 6000 baht.

The total cost all in was around 105-110,000 baht. The doctor was very competent and comes highly recommended by other expats here in Chiang Mai and also by one of the owners of SEE TEFL whom I knew personally had his knees worked on. Dr Chanakarn is also the Ortho/Sports Medicine Dr. for the Thai National (Olympic) team so I felt I was in good hands.

I hope things work out for you with whichever path you choose. Hopefully surgery won't be required, but I wanted to share my experience. I know how painful it can be. Best of luck to you

FWIW, I was 45 when I had the surgery and am 47 now.

Frozen shoulder disorder as you call it is normally bone spur which limits your arms movement. The only way to fix it is surgery where they rotate the shoulder tear everthing up that was frozen and ground down the bone spurs. I have had 2 of these over the years and one was done here at Bangkok Pattaya and it was no where near the kind of money. The physical therapist will give you a cortisone shot and it will mask the pain for a while, I suggest you go home and get it sorted out.

It will get worse before it gets better