visa expiry date when applying for work permit

Can someone answer this question please. I'm helping a colleague get her first work permit, we are just waiting for her teachers licence from the MOE which hioefully will be here any day now?. She tells me she only has 30 days left on her non b visa, is this ok when applying for a work permit? Is there a set amount of time needed left on your visa to apply ? or is it ok as long as your visa is still valid? I know you need to apply i month in advance of expiry to renew your work permit and I know you can apply for a visa at immigratiion on production of the receipt from the labour office but not sure of the labour office rules with regard to the expiry date of the Visa on first application for a work permit. Look forward to some replies

She can apply for an extension of stay on the very last day she is allowed to stay in Thailand. And for that she will ned her work permit, for which there is no minimum time required left on the permisison to stay. The labour office understands that she will get an extension of stay when she has her work permit.

Should not be a problem - you do not even need the non immigrant B visa to apply for the work permit - only for it to be issued is a proper non immigrant visa required. She can apply and then if needed exit to obtain a new non immigrant B visa entry if not ready in time.