Some advise neede.

Guys I have just realized that I have overstayed my one year family visa by over a month. What is the procedure to get this renewed, does this mean I have to leave Thailand and re-enter and go through all the procedures again. Not sure if being married to a thai and having a son makes this any easier. Advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Terence

I assume you mean you have an extension of stay based upon marriage not a visa.

You could go to immigration and try to get extension after paying 500 baht per day overstay fine up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.

Or leave to get a non-o visa paying fine on departure. Then return and apply for your extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

It all depends on what you actually have in your Passport.

Visa or Extension of stay.

It is a Non Immigrant "O" visa

A one year "visa" means you have been doing "border" runs every 90 days.

An "extension of stay" means you have been doing 90 address reports at immigration.

Specify which and you will receive appropriate advise

Edit

spelling!

Edited by Sceptict11

What is the procedure to get this renewed, does this mean I have to leave Thailand and re-enter and go through all the procedures again.

Reading the above indicates to me you have an extension you got from immigration not a 90 day non-o visa entry. If you have been making 90 day reports to immigration you have an extensionot a visa.

I assume you mean you have an extension of stay based upon marriage not a visa.You could go to immigration and try to get extension after paying 500 baht per day overstay fine up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.Or leave to get a non-o visa paying fine on departure. Then return and apply for your extension.

Yes sorry it's an extension of stay based on marriage, never knew there was a difference". So I will have to go through the whole process as you have referred to in your post. Thanks for the advice.