Bhum Jai Thai ready to follow Thaksin's orders again

webfact

"I don't know how Thaksin thinks about us now. But he always is our boss. If he asks me and Newin to do something, we would [do it]," he said.

His kids must be real proud of him. Grovelling git.

This usually happens when unprincipled people sense a defeat is on the horizon.

If I was Thaksin, I'd show no mercy. These people cannot be trusted.

I'd expect that Abhisit wouldn't lose any sleep over the party's demise either.

And now it's even being dragged out of Yingluck's most ardent supporters on TV that Thaksin is the nation's real PM after all. biggrin.png

Shame on you!

I never said that. However, there is no denying that the former Thaksin is seen as an elder statesman of the party, just as former President Clinton is seen as a US Democrat elder, or Margaret Thatcher was of the Tories, etc. etc. Successful and popular politicians rarely disappear from the political landscape.

Give them their due. At least they are making no bones about who is really running the country.

Exactly but it's out of step with what YL has supposedly said in a speech in Switzerland about democracy and how non-democratic principles must be resisted. She also spoke of democracy being the correct use of power, defending minorities and other issues that she doesn't practice.

It's also reported she said she is constantly defending democracy ! What a crock, her brother is running the country and she lauds democratic ways, I will be kind and say once again she probably had no idea what she was saying.

I am glad you did not call her stupid. I would have to disagree with you. She is not that smart. The Bhuma Jai Thai coming right out and admitting Thaksin is the power would be a slap in the face to a normal person. It probably went right over her head.

But what can you expect from some one who thinks they are fighting for Democracy by white washing their convicted criminal brother and dropping all charges against him.

Now look at the kind of people Thaksin attracts.

."He said his ultimate goal of reforming the country was for all parties to move forward equally. No one should have too much power. There should be no double standards and the rule of law should be restored."

So to make these ends happen he is going to join the people with so much power they don't need him. His idea of restoring the rule of law is to whitewash Thaksin. Sounds more like restore the law of Thaksin to me.

No double standards. I suppose his idea of no double standards is make as many charges as you can against Democrats and over look any thing that might hurt a PTP or a red shirt. In fact elect their leaders into seats in Parliament.

This Genius and Yingluck belong together. Preferably in a job cleaning toilets. I think between the two of them they could handle that.

Isn't it time that the new generation Thais stand up and form a renewed political system and parties who for the first time try to get the country out of the slob??

You mean the new generation that supports corruption as long as they can share too. Just kidding but I have little hope. It sounds boring but money rules in Thailand.

I'm sorry to report; the 'new generation Thais' you wax hopeful about, are going to be doing much the same as their parents' and grandparents' generation. The most popular Thai politician for the past 10 years lied from his first days in office ("honest mistake ....to hide millions of baht with my chauffeur") and has shown younger generations how to cheat and get filthy rich (money-filled jelly donuts to judges, and not paying one satang in tax for giant biz deals, etc. ad nauseum).

Kids learn from their elders. The Thai elders that younger generations look up to, are corrupt to the core, and don't even try to hide it. Indeed, their elders are so immersed in corruption, they don't even know where the line is - between decent and indecent behavior. That's why you get a straight-faced press release like the one in this thread's OP.