I am Curious?

Big Kev

hi kev and welcome,

no,1, i couldnt answer for everyone, but there is some happy here,

no 2,cost of living now higher then the uk,

no3, i do get hot when im cleaning the pigs but i enjoy it,,,lol

no 4 , no hate at all from me, none have ever done me any harm, i take as i find,

no 5 ,never have negativity,

no,6, again couldnt answer for other, im by far no expert, no a little about pigs and farming, being from farming stock myself.

no,7,im not bored, im at work on an oil refinery, getting paid to answer your questions,,lol

jake

• Like 1

Perhaps you should have started a poll first, to determine if your assumption is correct or not. If you had really been reading, you may have discovered that it is a very vocal minority, who do most of the complaining. I believe the silent majority are quiet happy with our lot, here in Thailand.smile.png

Thanks VillageFarang, You are correct, I should have started a Poll First................But hey, I think my assumption is correct, I think the so called MINORITY need to have a really good think about "Who They Are" and where they are now and also realize that writing such rubbish in their replies gets kind of boring after a while and probably IS what has caused so much hate towards Farangs,

especially in Phuket and Pattaya.

If the minority are so damn unhappy with the way things are in Thailand, the should "All Pull Up Their Pants and Go Home"

1. Are the majority of Ex-Pats living in Thailand unhappy living there?

How can any of us answer that? None of us are "the majority". For me, nope.

2. Is the cost of living higher than in the country that you originally came from?

Yes and no - depending what you buy. Mostly no.

3. Does the Climate bother you?

Sometimes - but then it does in my home country too (far more).

4. Do you have a hate towards Thai people in general?

No - nor to any peoples anywhere, generally or specifically.

5. Are your replies to other post when you insert negativity and sarcasm just your way of joking?

Sometimes - often I don't post negatively (or try not to). You do not live here, so you could not understand the gripes many people that do have. Why are you coming to live here - gripes with your home country? Same, same, but different.

6. Do most repliers to topics consider themselves to be a complete expert on every subject mentioned

IME most posts to most threads on any forum across the internet, are written by people that either consider themselves knowledgeable on the subject or have a valid point to add. Again, not actually being an expat here would suggest that these people posting are more expert than you are, no? This is a Q and A type forum - if only "complete experts"[sic] answered, it would be a pretty empty forum eh? It is rare that someone will give an answer and state it is an absolute when it isn't, where it is not quickly stamped on by others - therefore, in some respects the huge wealth or knowledge across the membership does provide as near clarity as possible. Many things are not absolutes here - including the law, rules and guidelines; much is interpretation (often by the individual) so varying answers are usually more correct and telling than specific ones.

7. Are you just bored! and have nothing better to do than hide behind a forum ID just praying like a jackal! and waiting to fire back at some unsuspecting person with negativity and sarcasm when they are generally seeking information?

And you are doing?

In truth, as always the begrudged are the most vocal. Some are bored, and/or consider this site a community, and as such feel happy to add a witticism in here and there. Many a truth is spoke in jest!

Some are just trolls too of course.

In short, there are pretty much no forums void of negativity - or even less negative than positive - it's human nature to say more when p!ssed than when happy - such is life online.

Big Kev...is this you?

7. Are you just bored! and have nothing better to do than hide behind a forum ID just praying like a jackal! and waiting to fire back at some unsuspecting person with negativity and sarcasm when they are generally seeking information?

Well Well Well ! Congratulations wolf5370, you are the first! Obviously I hit a nerve with you, but you get that!!

You are incorrect! I currently do live in Thailand, 6 months there and six months here in OZ, I have been coming back and forth to Thailand for the past 15 years and well aware of what goes on

so I do have a fair idea what I am talking about......................................................Next!!!

Big Kev...is this you?

No Bookmark Definitely not bored and hiding behind a forum ID, Simply weeding and taking note of who replies with negative comments.......................seems like you are number 2.

If people were obliged to register with their real names and addresses, I'd expect that some of the more outlandish comments would not be made.

I'm also of the view that there are a few people with some serious mental health issues. Some of the comments, particularly the allegations that (insert religious or racial group of your choice) are responsible for (insert financial crisis/epidemic/conflict/dispute of your choice), or any thread where someone mentions that colonic irrigation and/or enemas are a cure all, scream out nutter.

• Like 2

Big Kev...is this you?

No Bookmark Definitely not bored and hiding behind a forum ID, Simply weeding and taking note of who replies with negative comments.......................seems like you are number 2.

soooooo Big Ken...Your own initial post was of the negative variety in that case? That means I would be #3

• Like 1

The only field I'd would guess I'm an expert in - I don't post or read the threads ever (health) worked in the field for years and tired of my old life.

As for the rest TV can be a lot of fun and very informative and yes I love being here most of the time. Just ignore the negativity and enjoy your adventure.

• Like 2

Big Kev...is this you?

Congratulations Bookmark, give the man an apple.........he Can count!

soooooo Big Ken...Your own initial post was of the negative variety in that case? That means I would be #3

All that I know are quite happy here, never met 1 yet that is unhappy.

2. Is the cost of living higher than in the country that you originally came from?

The price of an imported BMW or Merc is more expensive here. As much as 4 times more. A Camry is a bit cheaper.

Everything else, probably cheaper in Thailand.

Sometimes it gets too hot. Also does where I come from.

Not at all. I have seen some violent Thai's attacking each other, but they ignored me in passing.

5. Are your replies to other post when you insert negativity and sarcasm just your way of joking?

I have been sarcastic sometimes, but this would be when an OP is either extreme or just asking for sarcastic comments.

6. Do most repliers to topics consider themselves to be a complete expert on every subject mentioned

Absolutely! (See Q & A to Q. 5)

I am bored at work and also seeking information, plus offering information when I can.

If you have never lived in Thailand, be prepared for some change in your life. If you don't like change and are a creature of habit, it will be a challenge and your patience will be tested. My most common complaint is of traffic and unusual driving manoeuvres of others. Could be they are also complaining about my driving too! But who isn't complaining when someone is going 80kmh in the fast lane when the speed limit is 120kmh? Or suddenly switches lanes cutting your lane off at half the speed you were going in that 120kmh highway?

Perhaps you should have started a poll first, to determine if your assumption is correct or not. If you had really been reading, you may have discovered that it is a very vocal minority, who do most of the complaining. I believe the silent majority are quiet happy with our lot, here in Thailand.smile.png

Thanks VillageFarang, You are correct, I should have started a Poll First................But hey, I think my assumption is correct, I think the so called MINORITY need to have a really good think about "Who They Are" and where they are now and also realize that writing such rubbish in their replies gets kind of boring after a while and probably IS what has caused so much hate towards Farangs,

especially in Phuket and Pattaya.

If the minority are so dam_n unhappy with the way things are in Thailand, the should "All Pull Up Their Pants and Go Home"

I might suggest, if you think you have any control over what other people say or do, it is only in your mind. People can and will write whatever they want. There may be consequences, like people telling them to go home, but again they only have control over what they write, not what others think about it.

The OP is clearly fishing for an argument - had he not been he'd have stated he's spent 15 years coming and going between OZ and Thailand and hence could not possibly have done so without having met expats in the flesh and heard their stories, good bad and indifferent face to face.

He need not come fishing here.

Perhaps he should simply come straight out with it and tell us all expats who don't agree with him should go home back to their own countries.

Doing so would save time getting to his point.

Definitely not fishing for an argument Guest House, simply trying to find out WHY there is so much negativity towards Thai People, It seems like a lot of you have taken my post the wrong way and it has obviously upset the MINORITY...............................Wrong assumption, I have met other Farang Ex-Pats in the Flesh (Face to Face) In Thailand who had nothing other than Positive attitudes towards Thai People, Their Country and Their Culture..........................................No Negativity whatsoever!

Do what I do BigKev, make your own mind up about Thailand and Thai people based on your own experiences and stop letting the opinions of others bother you.....and they clearly do bother you.

Remember, people go to Thailand for all sorts of reasons, I doubt any go to be told the limits of what they can thing and say about their experience there.

Remember too you are in crowded company, if you are indeed a Newbie here you can be forgiven for not knowing such posts as yours turn up on a regular basis with are boring repetitive theme.

Stop worrying and enjoy yourself - if you are truly happy with your own choices the opinions of others will not matter a jot.

• Like 1

Hello Big Kev, and welcome to the biggest farang-whining/whinging forum in Thailand. But seriously, as someone else mentioned, I do believe the vocal minority dominates this forum and these same misfits do have an axe to grind. In one way or another, they were taken by a Thai, either in relationship or business, and seem to want to convince everyone else how evil and inferior these Thais are. The question has been asked before why these people who hate Thailand so much continues to choose to live here. But we get the same tired rhetoric that it's "their right to complain" when no one's even talking about that.

Thankfully, I've met very few of these Thai-haters in real life. Maybe they all just hang out under a bridge somewhere, who knows.

I believe that guy VF may have mentioned a vocal minority. In the past he may have even opined that people may be unhappy with a majority of things they encounter in Thailand but their sexual proclivities or financial position may preclude their leaving or returning home. Then again they may just enjoy wallowing in their misery.

• Like 1

Probably not or they wouldnt live here

Only if im buying cheese, wine and other imported items

Sometimes but so does the cold, wind and rain in my own country.

No, only the ones who hate me.

Yes generally. Im English, cant help it!

Not sure but i do ( see above)

If they are asking about places to stay etc i think im generally helpfull but i will admit to the odd bit of sarcasm and negativity ( i am human)

I think any of your questions could be applied to people staying in their own countries. When im at home i hear people being

1 Not being happy there.

2 Cost of living

3 The weather

4 Immigrants

5 Sarcastic and negative

6 An expert on everything

7 And generally attacking people who are just seeking information

And thats just in my family.....ha ha!

• Like 2

BigKev, sometimes people just need a place to vent. Better they vent here than vent on their Wife or kids.

Others have been using this forum so long that their patience have run out after reading the same topics again....

Some people just like to wind others up.

Some people are spelling police.

You should have seen this place when Georgie-Porgie and The Gentleman were going at it, or when TheDonz wanted to snap kick everyone in the head. :)

• Like 2

well from what I have seen most ferangs like it here, we can get a bit boisterous at times but hey, that happens anywhere you live. I will have the occasional bitch in here, some of it is simply sarcasm but at times it does get frustrating out in the real world, anyone that says different is more than likely lying. I prefer living here to living in Australia by far, the majority of people are fine plus I love the place(and my wife), there are those that will always irritate you but thats life. If you lived here permanently you would probably be in here having a bitch occasionally too, yes we have some members that simply want to get in here and stir sh*t but that doesnt mean bugger all. Like I said, doesnt matter where you live, there are always those that will bitch about someone else, for me it was gillard, rudd, wong, etc etc but now they are no longer important I am fine but I will still come in here and have a bitch occasionally or just be sarcastic at times because I can, its called life although here I walk around with a smile on my dial virtually all the time(couldnt do that in Australia), also when you come in here you can get some great advice amongst the crap, generally its pretty good unless you simply want to cause problems for othersbiggrin.png

Edited by seajae