I am Curious?

Big Kev

Do what I do BigKev, make your own mind up about Thailand and Thai people based on your own experiences and stop letting the opinions of others bother you.....and they clearly do bother you.

Remember, people go to Thailand for all sorts of reasons, I doubt any go to be told the limits of what they can thing and say about their experience there.

Remember too you are in crowded company, if you are indeed a Newbie here you can be forgiven for not knowing such posts as yours turn up on a regular basis with are boring repetitive theme.

Stop worrying and enjoy yourself - if you are truly happy with your own choices the opinions of others will not matter a jot.

Interesting post you seem to be letting his opinions bother you.

If people were obliged to register with their real names and addresses, I'd expect that some of the more outlandish comments would not be made.

I'm also of the view that there are a few people with some serious mental health issues. Some of the comments, particularly the allegations that (insert religious or racial group of your choice) are responsible for (insert financial crisis/epidemic/conflict/dispute of your choice), or any thread where someone mentions that colonic irrigation and/or enemas are a cure all, scream out nutter.

If posters here on TV had to start giving their real names and addresses, that would mean showing your birth certificates etc. Then TV would not exist anymore. Think about it.

• Like 1

they burnt there bridges in many cases so cant go back home .some enjoy thai bashing as they have a grudge maybe

Although most sold their old bridges, moved here and built shiny new bridges - and just as the once did, they still get peed off with the local sea gulls crapping all over it all the time, and feel obliged to moan about it with other like minded bridge owners (analogy too far biggrin.png)

Edited by wolf5370

Hello Big Kev, and welcome to the biggest farang-whining/whinging forum in Thailand. But seriously, as someone else mentioned, I do believe the vocal minority dominates this forum and these same misfits do have an axe to grind. In one way or another, they were taken by a Thai, either in relationship or business, and seem to want to convince everyone else how evil and inferior these Thais are. The question has been asked before why these people who hate Thailand so much continues to choose to live here. But we get the same tired rhetoric that it's "their right to complain" when no one's even talking about that.

Thankfully, I've met very few of these Thai-haters in real life. Maybe they all just hang out under a bridge somewhere, who knows.

Mr Berkshire. Your views on Thailand are a compliment to you, and I agree with most of what you say, but even you are going to have to admit that the biggest majority of drivers and motor cyclists, are of a very low mentality, and have very little common sense. I believe 99% of TV posters who drive or ride motorbikes will agree to what I am saying. You will probably give me a negative reply to this, but I stand by every word.

• Like 1

These are strictly my opinions and reasons. Others may disagree and others agree. To me the important thing is I am being honest. That is when I am not joking. Some of my sarcasm is based on obviously false statements

1. Are the majority of Ex-Pats living in Thailand unhappy living there?

Personally I don't believe so most of the ones I have met are happy here.

2. Is the cost of living higher than in the country that you originally came from?

Defiantly not

3. Does the Climate bother you?

Not really I do not miss the cold winters and for some reason the heat never bothered me where I came from in the summer mid to high 30s. How ever when I am inside I am slowly adapting to not needing the air con in extreme heat. The humidity does bother me a little but I grew up with it and only spent the last 20 years away from it.

4. Do you have a hate towards Thai people in general?

I hate no man women or child alive.But I do have an intense dislike for this Government and was not all that happy with the last although they were never allowed to really put a lot of there programs into action. That is not an endorsement that they would have been the correct answer. But they were definatly held back from trying to bring a better government into being.

5. Are your replies to other post when you insert negativity and sarcasm just your way of joking?

A little of both. Some posts are so obviously fake that I will use sarcasm. Especially from the Government and it's supporters.

6. Do most repliers to topics consider themselves to be a complete expert on every subject mentioned

Not me. But I do consider my self to be a little knowledgeable about most of them but not enough to make it worth my while to post on it. I find some very interesting and will put up a post asking for clarification. That way I can gain some thing out of it. Particularly many of the travel threads. There is so many places I wish to go to but will probably never make.

7. Are you just bored! and have nothing better to do than hide behind a forum ID just praying like a jackal! and waiting to fire back at some unsuspecting person with negativity and sarcasm when they are generally seeking information?

Bored at times yes the rest of your sarcastic question no. I have lost a lot of my physical mobility and find myself less able to get out and around. I do enjoy it and it is no different to me than the people playing bridge all the time. Well a little I learn some things here and I don't piss my partner off here.

edit on number 7

When some one is seeking information and I have the correct information I will post it. Those are the best even better than knocking the government and it's supporters.

Edited by hellodolly

they burnt there bridges in many cases so cant go back home .some enjoy thai bashing as they have a grudge maybe

Although most sold their old bridges, moved here and built shiny new bridges - and just as the once did, they still get peed off with the local sea gulls crapping all over it all the time, and feel obliged to moan about it with other like minded bridge owners (analogy too far biggrin.png)

Not for me. I buy nothing I can not walk away from. If I decide the seagulls are shitting all over my bridge I chop the bridge down. there are many other places here in Thailand I can move to. The wife would approve of Bali not to shabby for a Thai.

Dear Big Kev.

I will try to be as objective as possible in answering your numerous questions. Don't worry, I believe no cat should be killed just for curiosity. An I will try to be friendly and constructive.

1) Cannot speak for 'them', for myself - NO. 2) Depends on what you are buying and where you come from. 3) NO. 4) Definitely NO. 5) Posts/topics I'm indifferent to - I ignore; for posts I agree with or like - I use 'Like'; for posts I dislike or disagree with - I try to argue in any way I see fit except getting personal. 6) Do not think so, but everybody has their own opinion and also have the right to stick to it or change it; Please, mind it - opinion cannot be wrong!

7) This one needs some analysis, as follows.

Note, please, I am quoting your words:

"... have nothing better to do..."

"... hide behind a forum ID..."

"... praying like a jackal..."

"... trying to upset other members..."

"... waiting to fire back at some unsuspecting person with negativity and sarcasm..."

"... Please, think very carefully after reading this post and posting your replies..."

Well, Big Kev, I did exactly what you asked. Your choice of words shows more feelings than thinking. You should better be sarcastic (there is nothing wrong with sarcasm) than plain insulting to the point of threatening.

Hope when you move to Thailand, you will put more thoughts in your posts and less feelings. Being a straight shooter and quick on the draw does not prove being right.

Not knowing where you come from I get the impression you come from the blessed land where everybody knows 'The Truth', 'The right way' and "Good from Bad'. Welcome to the world...smile.png

• Like 1

i never understood the often mentioned "burned bridges". except for criminals there's no hurdle for a foreigner to return to his home country any time he wishes.

Do what I do BigKev, make your own mind up about Thailand and Thai people based on your own experiences and stop letting the opinions of others bother you.....and they clearly do bother you.

Remember, people go to Thailand for all sorts of reasons, I doubt any go to be told the limits of what they can thing and say about their experience there.

Remember too you are in crowded company, if you are indeed a Newbie here you can be forgiven for not knowing such posts as yours turn up on a regular basis with are boring repetitive theme.

Stop worrying and enjoy yourself - if you are truly happy with your own choices the opinions of others will not matter a jot.

Hello???

Well Well Well ! Congratulations wolf5370, you are the first! Obviously I hit a nerve with you, but you get that!!

You are incorrect! I currently do live in Thailand, 6 months there and six months here in OZ, I have been coming back and forth to Thailand for the past 15 years and well aware of what goes on

so I do have a fair idea what I am talking about......................................................Next!!!

Op.

So your a Fifo know it all.

A visiting tourist over 15 years.

Not exactly an Expat.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Hedghog

You are obviously reading something into my post which I have not written.

Remember too  you are in crowded company, if you are indeed a Newbie here you can be forgiven for not knowing such posts as yours turn up on a regular basis with are boring repetitive theme.

Stop worrying  and enjoy yourself - if you are truly happy with your own choices the opinions of others will not matter a jot.

Absolutely spot on. Apart from the 'jot' bit :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If people were obliged to register with their real names and addresses, I'd expect that some of the more outlandish comments would not be made.

I'm also of the view that there are a few people with some serious mental health issues. Some of the comments, particularly the allegations that (insert religious or racial group of your choice) are responsible for (insert financial crisis/epidemic/conflict/dispute of your choice), or any thread where someone mentions that colonic irrigation and/or enemas are a cure all, scream out nutter.

Its all, most likely, a reflection of yourself what you stated above. So..........

Most people post negatively on most forums in my experience (not just TV). Same as most people will complain to a company more often than they will complement it, its just human nature.

I think most people here enjoy Thailand and most of what it has to offer. There are some hot button issues in which people like to blow off steam so to speak. Personally I love the food, climate, women, laid back lifestyle, freedoms, and massages here but am less compelled to post about them than the traffic, certain Thai etiquette (or lack there of), and corruption.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should have started a poll first, to determine if your assumption is correct or not. If you had really been reading, you may have discovered that it is a very vocal minority, who do most of the complaining. I believe the silent majority are quiet happy with our lot, here in Thailand.smile.png

Thanks VillageFarang, You are correct, I should have started a Poll First................But hey, I think my assumption is correct, I think the so called MINORITY need to have a really good think about "Who They Are" and where they are now and also realize that writing such rubbish in their replies gets kind of boring after a while and probably IS what has caused so much hate towards Farangs,

especially in Phuket and Pattaya.

If the minority are so dam_n unhappy with the way things are in Thailand, the should "All Pull Up Their Pants and Go Home"

Here let me help "Yawn boring" the go home brigade answer already, now whose writing rubbish?? we get a bad name from Thai Visa?? doubt 99.99% of Thais have heard or even know of it.

If posters here on TV had to start giving their real names and addresses, that would mean showing your birth certificates etc. Then TV would not exist anymore. Think about it.

I actually do use the name I am known by and can be found on the internet by, I dont hide from anyone unlike you. You want to find me just google up the frangipani man(my signature), I am not too scared to let people see who I am and what I do, you seem to be the one that is.

Edited by seajae

Mr Seagae, what makes you think I am hiding something? Just because I would not like my name and address in a public forum I am hiding something. Lets have the truth here now, would any poster apart from Mr Seagae like every member of TV to have access to his name and address? A persons name and address are private things only to be given to people known to him or he is doing business with, or decides for some reason to give his name or address or both to.

It does not matter how clean or law abiding you are, if every forum or organisation has your name and address, you are going to dread every knock on your door.

Many Farangs have said that they don't hate Thais, but their actions speak louder than their words. We will be the judge of that.

But of course, this being a written forum you'll have to make do with judging their words - your handle suggests you'll do so impartially - not.

Mr Seagae, what makes you think I am hiding something? Just because I would not like my name and address in a public forum I am hiding something. Lets have the truth here now, would any poster apart from Mr Seagae like every member of TV to have access to his name and address? A persons name and address are private things only to be given to people known to him or he is doing business with, or decides for some reason to give his name or address or both to.

It does not matter how clean or law abiding you are, if every forum or organisation has your name and address, you are going to dread every knock on your door.

anyone that is afraid of what others know about them is definitely hiding something, you come in here and denigrate people you dont know then claim they are the ones hiding, you are a joke. With a name like possum 1931 you are either a really old fart, like dame edna/gladioli' or are very "gay". I dont hand out my address but I am not worried about people knowing who I am because of what I do possum........

anyone that is afraid of what others know about them is definitely hiding something, you come in here and denigrate people you dont know then claim they are the ones hiding, you are a joke. With a name like possum 1931 you are either a really old fart, like dame edna/gladioli' or are very "gay". I dont hand out my address but I am not worried about people knowing who I am because of what I do possum........

I don't care if anyone knows who I am either, if ever there were any jokers in this forum, it is surely you. I hope there is a moderator reading this as I object to anybody associating me with the word "gay". You are another one of the very, very few keyboard cowards on this forum.

Well OP as you can see this type of question always brings them out. I live, work and am raising a family here in Thailand and quite honestly it is no different then any of the other countries I have called home. After a while everything seems to become similar, you find your favorite restaurants, shop at the local market, buy gas at the local station, come home kiss the wife and kids talk about the day eat dinner and go to bed.....well in my life anyways.....

So life is pretty good. Good weather. My neighbors are fantastic. My co-workers treat me great (always feeding me). So I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people will be miserable anywhere....but this is as good a place to be miserable as any other!

1. Are the majority of Ex-Pats living in Thailand unhappy living there?

I don't think so. It is a mixed bag and changes for every person with time, just like at home.

2. Is the cost of living higher than in the country that you originally came from?

Not by any stretch of the imagination. However, I would say it is more expensive than when I first came here.

3. Does the Climate bother you?

It did more when I first got here. Now I sleep without aircon and feel fine (the layout of my place helps, though, since it doesn't collect heat much).

4. Do you have a hate towards Thai people in general?

No. Some specific ones? Yes. Overall, though, I would say it is (for me) 90-95% nice people and 5-10% bad to outright evil people. The latter isn't something I experience very often, although I have seen it. I try to avoid them.

5. Are your replies to other post when you insert negativity and sarcasm just your way of joking?

Sometimes. But sometimes things that happen really do reflect a negative side of things here. Doesn't even have to have happened to me. But, again, I think that thoughtful people usually criticize certain things in their own society. When I go back "home" I am always surprised by how fun it can be and how nice people are. Doesn't mean I don't scream bloody murder when I see it coming from my government or society.

6. Do most repliers to topics consider themselves to be a complete expert on every subject mentioned

I don't.

7. Are you just bored! and have nothing better to do than hide behind a forum ID just praying like a jackal! and waiting to fire back at some unsuspecting person with negativity and sarcasm when they are generally seeking information?

Some people are. I like hearing about experiences from other places in Thailand from people who come from different perspectives. The negative trolls are easy to hop over. Love the interwebs in that way.

Edited by dao16