Honda Click: Fatter tires, brake adjustments, and other safety enhancements possible?

DavidMavec

I was just in Europe and I noticed how most of the small Honda Click size scooters have much fatter tires than the ones here, presumably making the bike safer. I have a Honda Click 110 and I was wondering if it were possible to install fat tires and if so, where I would buy them in Bangkok. Presently, the rear tire is fatter than the front tire but it is just the run of the mill rear tire.

I also was wondering if there were brake adjustments to shorten braking time or other safety enhancements I could have done to make the bike safer.

Thanks for any help.

Daveid,

The short answer is under or very close to Saphan Khwai BTS station. If you live at the other end of town Pirelli tires are on Sukhumvit 77 Soi 46/2. You won't be able to go much wider unless you change the rims. Not difficult any bike repair shop can re-spoke rims. You can get wider ones in aluminum or even get alloy wheels for tubeless tires.

Saphan Khwai will also have a kit for a larger front disk.

I've done a Wave but not a Click.

original tires for click 110 are 70 for front and 80 for rear,

you should get the Michellin 80 for the front and 90 for the rear, I Think 100 should also fit on the rear to get better braking performance.

If you ride with passenger most of the time, you change rear suspension for an YSS one with gas, 2500 baht.

make sure you always have good air pressure on the tires. on the Esso gas stations they have air pump with digital PSI meter, you can set front to 32 and rear to 34 PSI.

for maintenance you should change the brake fluid too, front brake will be better. also the pads for the front and rear brake.

Transmission oil every 5000 Km (60Baht), engine Oil every 2-3000KM (120Baht), and Air Filter every 3-5000KM (120Baht)

I did all above on my G/F honda click 110.

after 20,000KM it still puts 95KM/h easily. very well maintained scooter.

Edit: You do not need larger front disk, once you change brake fluid and brake pads correctly, it is a very strong break, and even can lock.

Edited by brfsa2