New Fitness Centre on Soi 102 Beware!

Hobiecat

Firstly, you can put up as many no smoking or no parking signs as you want, it doesn't mean you can stop someone smoking outside a pizza restaurant. Does the pizza restaurant owner not realise that some people will smoke after a meal and if that smoke happens to blow into a gym which is next door then tough luck!

Pizza shop owner "too polite to ask customers to not smoke" or annoying gym owner next door pushing his neighbours around?

Secondly, why open a gym next to a pizza restaurant where people will drink and smoke?

Thirdly, has anyone actually seen this gym? Ha ha, I give it a month, it looks like it cost 1000 baht to set up.

Actually you can stop people smoking there as its private property. If I don't want people smoke in my home or even garden I can.

They put signs up, its typical for smokers not to respect the signs.

I do wonder why no smoking in the open air but then again if the smoke drifts into a gym its a fair point not to smoke.

Smoking smells bad and has no place near a gym.

Oh and are you the same guy as the OP just to come back under a different name ?

• Like 2

Fair crack at those smokers who are considerate enough not to smoke where the sign says..

We're not all illiterate unwashed lepers..

True.. some of you guys actually don't smoke when a sign says so. I don't have a thing against smokers, my mom and brother smoke.

Only thing that does bother me is the need for a cigarette all the time when you are with them. After a cup of coffee in a shopping center they need to go out to smoke.. or after a meal ect ect. Real inconvenient if your with a group and constantly are confronted with delays because of smokers.

Other than that I don't have a problem with smokers at all.

Funny to hear to sides of the story. When I first read the OP I honestly wanted to head to the gym and light up outside the pizza shop, hoping the owner would come out and get pissy with me, just so i could tell him to fark off.

Then reading the gym owners POV, I sorta side with him now.

Im a smoker of 40 plus a day. Yah, not great I know. I do tow the line though and if im outside any kind of public building, shopping center, eatery I always light up as far away as possible from the building, sometimes even crossing the road (if its not a busy road) to smoke. I never throw buts on the floor and always stub them out on the sole of my shoe, then look for somewhere out of sight to throw it, like a drain or bin.

Because I tow the line, i get so arsed off when non smokers take the higher ground with us smokers.

• Like 1

Funny to hear to sides of the story. When I first read the OP I honestly wanted to head to the gym and light up outside the pizza shop, hoping the owner would come out and get pissy with me, just so i could tell him to fark off.

Im a smoker of 40 plus a day. Yah, not great I know. I do tow the line though and if im outside any kind of public building, shopping center, eatery I always light up as far away as possible from the building, sometimes even crossing the road (if its not a busy road) to smoke. I never throw buts on the floor and always stub them out on the sole of my shoe, then look for somewhere out of sight to throw it, like a drain or bin.

Because I tow the line, i get so arsed off when non smokers take the higher ground with us smokers.

Can I claim you furniture after you depart us? With 40+ a day that could be any time now....

get mad at me as well....but i hate it when people smoke right next to the NO SMOKING sign. we all have our pet peeves.

i like to ask them, "i have a 2-year old child with lung problems. do you mind not smoking?" they usually still don't care, so then i am no longer nice. of course, i pick my battles. if it's some big guy, well, i'm not stupid. last time it was this super fat guy from france. i showed him the sign and he still got all mad. i was the manager, so i made him put it out.

smoking is simply disgusting to smell, especially if you are exercising. but, if there is no sign, i say and do nothing......

fact is, tons of people smoke in Asia. tons. and if an attractive female is smoking, i let it slide. haha. i'm weird like that.

anyhow, both these people will not be my friends. i liked his post, but cannot join his gym. he just used CAPS too much, and that's another one of my pet peeves. smile.png

get mad at me as well....but i hate it when people smoke right next to the NO SMOKING sign. we all have our pet peeves.

i like to ask them, "i have a 2-year old child with lung problems. do you mind not smoking?" they usually still don't care, so then i am no longer nice. of course, i pick my battles. if it's some big guy, well, i'm not stupid. last time it was this super fat guy from france. i showed him the sign and he still got all mad. i was the manager, so i made him put it out.

smoking is simply disgusting to smell, especially if you are exercising. but, if there is no sign, i say and do nothing......

fact is, tons of people smoke in Asia. tons. and if an attractive female is smoking, i let it slide. haha. i'm weird like that.

anyhow, both these people will not be my friends. i liked his post, but cannot join his gym. he just used CAPS too much, and that's another one of my pet peeves. Posted Image

I'm not going to be your friend either! Congrats! You are up to 3!

I've tried to understand both sides of the story. As a long time ex smoker (the worst type), I am driven to take sides with the gym owner because he is sensible enough not to smoke. However, because smokers have a degraded sense of smell (and taste), perhaps we should encourage them to try to kick their addiction by somehow getting them to understand how much better they will feel by doing so. The difference in wellbeing and general health can be quite remarkable and starts to take affect within a couple of weeks of quiting. Seven years later comparing before and after X-rays indicated full lung capacity in my case. But then I was young and poor, but will power and common sense won over in the end. Slightly off topic I know but worth mentioning anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Soi 102 where? so many streets in Bangkok where the sois go past 100, im guessing you are talking sukhumvit? is that the only road you have visited in 10 yrs? Don't assume all farang live or care about that one road.

He is in hua hin dick head.

• Like 1

Can I claim you furniture after you depart us? With 40+ a day that could be any time now....

My furniture? Huh?

Its slowly becoming a good gym,its still a bit quiet,but when the new equipment from Bangkok arrives soon,bikes,running machines and lat pull downs it should pull a bigger membership.

Apart from the run in with the pizza shop(police have now put up a designated smoking sign so customers no where to smoke)he's doing a pretty good job with his clients.

He's more hands on and helped me with shoulder injuries,in fact I haven't done any weight training,just using medicine balls and ropes to strengthen my shoulder(injured at golf)

I hope it works out for him.

If it happen what you say. Some Farang mean they are VIP or somebody better if they run a business here, maybe they not succeed in his home country because of arrogance cheesy.gif

If somebody come from Isan better let fall down in front of shop a plastic bag with "Cow or pig manure" much better and longer effect as you propose with cigarettes etc. and still natural product with an excellent long lasting smell ! crazy.gif

What?