Problem connecting android phone with pc and laptop.

keestha

Phone is a Samsung GT-S5300B. PC and laptop are running on Win XP, am using Chrome as a browser.

Used to be able to connect the phone with the laptop using Samsung Kies, but it doesn't work anymore. Deleted and re installed Samsung Kies, no luck. Used the computer restore option to go back to a point where it still functioned, still unable to connect. Downloaded Samsung pc Studio 7 as an alternative, still no connection.

Also tried both Samsung Kies and Samsung PC Studio 7 on my best PC, still no luck.

Bought the phone last June, so I don't think the USB cable can be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have seen many complaints about KEIS and could never get anything useful with it when I had my Samsung Note.

First thing in the connection is to make sure you have the correct drivers for Samsung phone on your Windows. I always had to go into the Android settings, then Developer options (just one above the bottom), then select USB debugging to be checked. Still chancy on the connection.

Found that WiFi File Transfer app (free at Google Play) is perfect, simple and fast. I upgraded to the Pro version for the munificent, extortionary sum of 40 baht <grin>.

Found that WiFi File Transfer app (free at Google Play) is perfect, simple and fast. I upgraded to the Pro version for the munificent, extortionary sum of 40 baht <grin>.

MPE does that for free. 40B saved is a beer in the hand, and that's worth at least two in the bush.

Thanks guys. The problem turned out to be the (new and hardly used) USB cable after all, it could still charge but not transfer data. Always feel like a bit of a fool tricking around with software, downloading programs, only to discover in the end it was a hardware thing. The thread is giving a lot of info though which I hope will be useful for others.