Hua Hin – Free Introduction to Meditation Sunday Sep 15, 2013

Larry Banks

This is a free one day course which introduces the art of meditation and geared for foreigners
WHEN: Sunday 15 th September
TIME: 9am to 4pm
COST: Free (perhaps a donation may be appreciated??)
WHERE: Khao Tao Temple – Meditation Institute Building. Map

Schedule:
9.00-10.00: registration, introduction to the meditation schedule, the meditation teacher/s and the history of the Abbot who formed the institution, praying to the Buddha.
10.00-11.00: the purpose of meditation
11.00-11.45: the benefits of meditation and how to control emotions
12.00-13.00: lunch break
13.00-14.00: meditation and work, how to meditate
14.00-14.15: walking meditation
14.15-14.30: sitting meditation
14.30-16.00: tour of the temple

LUNCH:
Please could everyone bring a small plate of food to share for a picnic lunch

DRINKS:
Water, tea and coffee will be provided. If you prefer something different, please bring it with you

DIRECTIONS:
- Head south on Petchkasem Road, over the flyover, in the direction of Pranburi - you are heading for Khao Tao which is about half way to Pranburi. From the flyover, allow 15 minutes
- Continue past the Sea Pine Beach turn off
- A few kilometres past Sea Pine Garden turn, look out for the Khao Tao Police box on the right and then a Family Mart, also on the right
-Shortly after that TURN LEFT to Khao Tao beach
- Follow the road straight, go over the railway crossing
- Approx 1 km after the railway crossing TURN LEFT before the next police box and go under the archway. You are now in temple grounds
- Continue straight towards the ocean and at the end before the ocean TURN LEFT and you'll see the Meditation Centre and small car park.

tvn.png
-- 2013-09-10

Shouldn't contemplating one's navel be reserved for Thai politicians?

Perhaps somebody will come up with the notion, after great thought and contemplation of course, that praying to a Nepalese Prince who has been dead for 2,500 years is pretty pointless?

Shouldn't contemplating one's navel be reserved for Thai politicians?

Perhaps somebody will come up with the notion, after great thought and contemplation of course, that praying to a Nepalese Prince who has been dead for 2,500 years is pretty pointless?

I am affraid if Thai politicians do contemplate they own navel they certainly do not practice meditation enough...

As for your second sentence 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif...

...I suppose luckily very few people did read this thread, would you speak in such words of Jesus in a Christian country?

As for speaking of Allah like that in a Muslim country I prefer not to guess !

So why speak like that of Buddha in Thailand? Because being on TV allows everything ?

I am a Buddhist... since Buddhism is a philosophy I am not really hurt...Because I do know it would be impossible that 100% of TV members behave respectfully on every subjects so I take it from where it comes from wai2.gif