Yingluck, please throw away your passport

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai politics are so bizarre.
"To one side of the political divide, she's a runaway prime minister. On the other side of the polarity, she's a poor woman thrust into the political limelight and unfairly victimised."

Those are the two choices? Really?

I wish the People here could see this circus from an outsider's point of view.

• Like 1

Did someone say "poor mans Fox 'News' "? This reads as a light fluff peice. So, the PM travels to other countries, is that bad? Not really. To claim or imply that she is not performing her duties because she is abroad is rediculous. There is also a clear attack on the PM because she is a woman. The closest to worthwhile journalism is the question as to why rice is subsidised, but not rubber? Fair question. Why not stick to those? I could name a dozen issues the PM and the Reds can be grilled over, unfortunately, for the opposition, most of these also apply to them.

• Like 1

In a country not only the PM works, but they have minister and deputy minister in charge in different things. Do the owner of the company does all the job by himself/ herself? Why do a country needs so many minister for if the PM has to do all the work? If there is a problem in the country and it is related to global economy, can we solve it by just staying back? The minister or PM needs to go out there to get help , support and relationship with other countries. Business people should be able to understand this, it is not a political issue now but an economic issue. Hope politition do not manipulate a global economic issue into a political issue.

Not too bad. Much of that OP reflects many attitudes toward her.

For 'many attitudes' please read' the miserable old men who frequent this website/sit in your local farang bar' as they have nothing better to do than moan and complain.

Sadly your description of 'many' is nowhere near everyone else's description of 'majority.' wai2.gif

• Like 1

Easier to hide from duties and responsibilities (and the press) when outside of Thailand.

She loves going abroad and give speeches. Just read from a piece of paper, walk around with your nose in the air, smile and don't answer any questions thumbsup.gif . In democratic Thailand it's a bit more difficult (but as she has proven not impossible) to avoid answering questions and having a good old debate with people who have a different view/opinion.

For 'many attitudes' please read' the miserable old men who frequent this website/sit in your local farang bar' as they have nothing better to do than moan and complain.

Sadly your description of 'many' is nowhere near everyone else's description of 'majority.' wai2.gif

So you represent "everyone else"? Maybe, but I contend you represent a minority.

I'm not sure why so many criticise the PM when she is simply following orders from the boss. She was chosen as the face of PT for a reason...... just look at the chamber of horrors that passes for the cabinet.

In the normal course of events there would be no need for a PM to visit countries like Montenegro when you've got a Foreign Minister thumbing through his empty passport wondering if he'll ever get to use it again but as we all know Thai politics is anything but normal. rolleyes.gif

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2

The Honorable PM Yingluck is perhaps walking in the shadow of the late Dr. Puey Ungphakorn MBE. She is above the fray and seeking a 'Third Path' above the katzenjammer of Bkk karachakans... It would not be surprising if she goes on to write a memoir of her life in the near future. She is going places and will make Thailand shine like the glimmering temples in the light of dawn.

Only pray for another Magsaysay, cannot play Burger King and have it yourwayway wink.png

The Nation, please just stop. We get it and it's becoming embarrassing. The poor mans Fox News.

Exactly fox news and the republicans and The Nation and what ever happens to sell newspapers. In this case the PTP is such an easy mark.

You have it and don't want to hear any more about it don't open up any thing from the Nation problem solved. find a food thread.

• Like 1

Thai politics are so bizarre.

"To one side of the political divide, she's a runaway prime minister. On the other side of the polarity, she's a poor woman thrust into the political limelight and unfairly victimised."

Those are the two choices? Really?

I wish the People here could see this circus from an outsider's point of view.

I agree with you on every thing except the word unfairly.

She may not be the smartest person in the world but she knows she was shoved into the position which she had and never will have qualifications for. She can always resign. It is not like she was qualified for the job. If she resigns unlike her last job they will replace her.

• Like 2

Ah yes another intellectual post casting aspersions. You left out the if you don't like it here go home part.

I understand if it's a touch too close to the bone for some of our erghhhh 'established' members.

The majority I was referring to are the people of Thailand who voted for her and will do so again. It isn't all about you.

Of course if you don't, do. Your sort won't be missed.

• Like 1

So you represent "everyone else"? Maybe, but I contend you represent a minority.

a minority in this cess pool perhaps. but that was his point!