Advice On Toyota Diesel

radar

i have a toyota diesel 4wd pickup.the vehicle will be locked up for the next year.the wife dosent trust the family to start or warm the car up without using it for a taxi.can someone give me a few tips on what needs to be done ?????

A year ? not a good idear at all, Ive done it with classic car's in the past, understand your fear of it becomming a Taxi tho ! Try looking up car storage preperation on a search engine, there's many many thing's you can do, just lifting the weight off the tyre's is an example as if the tyre goes flat while away the rim will tear the rubber, all the best and good luck !

A year ? not a good idear at all, Ive done it with classic car's in the past, understand your fear of it becomming a Taxi tho ! Try looking up car storage preperation on a search engine, there's many many thing's you can do, just lifting the weight off the tyre's is an example as if the tyre goes flat while away the rim will tear the rubber, all the best and good luck !

Can be done with no risk...probably best to get a pro to do it though...

Disconnect the battery....remember to note the security code for all your radio, CD player etc.

Drain out fuel especially with petrol engines.

Jack the car off its tyres....

When you come to start it again change the oil and fluids...no oil works after a year, it should in effect have a service.

Start it gently to allow oil to circulate again.

Alternatively get a garage to store it and run it a few KMs every week...if you can trust them....

Another possibilty is to loan/contract it to a car rental....when you come back the car will have been run, insured and serviced for a year and you should have a few thousand baht in the bank.

I can hear people screaming at this idea already, but it's up to you to find a trustworthy rental company, and you may be surprised by how few miles the vehicle will have covered....I would recommend a holiday rental company.....

leave the handbrake off as well , leave a window slightly open for some ventilation , cover the car in a non synthetic cover , cotton sheets are best , leave in a well ventilated garage or outdoors in the shade , lift the wipers from the windscreen.

apart from mechanical degradation , insects and fungal growth will play havoc with the interior in this humid climate.