Plane's landing gear had history of problems, Thai Airways says

webfact

Hi TG John,

You make lots of good points in your posts which I actually enjoy reading. What is obvious is that you have no experience in the industry and appear to me as an aviation enthusiast which Is great.

What is important is being able to recognise when aviation professionals are pointing out when you may be incorrect in some areas of the posts that are made, particularly posters with obvious engineering experience on modern commercial aircraft.

A perfect example was your reply to my previous post on the possible cause of the aircraft skidding off the runway. My "blah" as you stated was in response to the topic title of aircraft skidding off the runway. I stated possible reasons for the aircraft s departure of the runway surface, which included gear failure as a possible cause however unlikely due to the modern aircraft reliability.

I can't offer any facts on engineering issues, as that's not my profession, but can offer possible reasons for something happening from a crew perspective.

Personally I would have no problem getting on any Thai Airbus or Boeing. All products are fantastic and I would imagine the airline to have high standard in all concerned departments.

Edited by khaosai

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A perfect example was your reply to my previous post on the possible cause of the aircraft skidding off the runway. My "blah" as you stated was in response to the topic title of aircraft skidding off the runway.

Khaosai, I'm not recalling a particular post of yours that I responded to on this subject...

I do see this one prior post from you on this subject with a "blah" reference. Here. But that "blah" response came from a different poster, not me.

But, if I'm missing something else where we crossed paths, or you think some info posted here should be clarified or corrected, please do offer your view.

Meanwhile, I did find one potentially related (or at least seemingly similar) other past mishap, in which a Pakistani International Airlines Airbus A300 had its right main landing gear collapse upon landing at Dubai on Oct. 17, 2001, with the plane (PK231 / AP-BCJ) veering off the runway, and damaging its wing and No. 2 engine as the latter contacted the ground.

But in looking around, I couldn't find any online accident investigation report on the mishap from either the Pakistani or UAE civil aviation investigating agencies. And none of the references I could find re this mishap made any specific mention of bogie beams. The various reports seem to describe the landing touchdown as a normal one (not hard), but they also don't ever explain why the right landing gear collapsed in this instance.

post-58284-0-69185400-1379167884_thumb.j

post-58284-0-84023600-1379167189_thumb.j

post-58284-0-81014300-1379167191_thumb.j

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/print.main?id=653273

The history, though, did include one pretty odd detail about what happened to the crashed airplane, which apparently was never flown again. According to one account, it subsequently was cut up and dumped in the ocean, along with another damaged aircraft, to be used as an underwater "artificial reef" diving site. I'm sure Airbus appreciated that... whistling.gif

http://outdooruae.com/gordon-t-smith/

post-58284-0-32307500-1379168215_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

A perfect example was your reply to my previous post on the possible cause of the aircraft skidding off the runway. My "blah" as you stated was in response to the topic title of aircraft skidding off the runway.

Khaosai, I'm not recalling a particular post of yours that I responded to on this subject...

I do see this one prior post from you on this subject with a "blah" reference. Here. But that "blah" response came from a different poster, not me.

But, if I'm missing something else where we crossed paths, or you think some info posted here should be clarified or corrected, please do offer your view.

Hi John,

Sincere apologies. You are correct regarding the post.