Looking for a moving company from USM to KPG

Makhao

As stated above we are moving from Samui to Phangan end of the month and looking for a moving truck (including a driver) and a moving guy. I guess, one truck is enough, if it's not a very small one.

Any recommendations out there?

Thx in advance...

When I moved to Samui from KP, it was a bit of a search to find a large "truck".... but finally found one by getting locals to track down... so ask around.

You need to ask for a "lorry" ..... not a truck.... that is the term for bigger trucks here. I doubt there would be a specific moving company around... so make sure you supervise loading and probably supply your own boxes...

(Honda shop in Maenam usually has lots of clean broken down boxes, which you can get cheap.... just re tape them thumbsup.gif )

Sorry no idea who would do it here... but get a local to ask around for you.... wink.png

FYI: there is not a direct ferry Nathon to Thong Sala, so a truck should go before to Donsak (mainland) and then back to Koh Phangan; but there is a weekly (friday night) slow boat carrying goods with the same route and not so expensive to deliver crates.

Thanks for that, it will help already. In the meantime I found a company in Nathon, they want to have 15.000 Baht and offer only small "lorry", in my imagination thats quite expensive, but I have no comparison, yet.

About the slow boat, I didn't know that, even after living at Samui for 3 years. Its a good fallback: If the lorry is too small, I could leave some big things at friends and they send it later with the slow boat.

What company and pier the slow boat is leaving?

Has anyone experiences about the price for a lorry for two days? I assume, they will load in the afternoon and go to mainland the first ferry in the next morning.

Samuijimmy, you remember, how much you paid?

Thanks for that, it will help already. In the meantime I found a company in Nathon, they want to have 15.000 Baht and offer only small "lorry", in my imagination thats quite expensive, but I have no comparison, yet.

About the slow boat, I didn't know that, even after living at Samui for 3 years. Its a good fallback: If the lorry is too small, I could leave some big things at friends and they send it later with the slow boat.

What company and pier the slow boat is leaving?

Has anyone experiences about the price for a lorry for two days? I assume, they will load in the afternoon and go to mainland the first ferry in the next morning.

Samuijimmy, you remember, how much you paid?

It was about five years ago now, memory fading! blink.png But 6000 baht comes to mind, plus cost of ferry... in those days there was a ferry in morning direct to Samui.... / KP...

I would keep asking around... and see what you come up with wink.png

• 3 weeks later...