Radio station

mizztraveller

Most everyone I knows ends up finding a station that plays modern Thai ballads. There is one (maybe more) that play western music but they spend so much time announcing their call letters and frequency (in Thai) that it becomes annoying. Actually, the modern popular Thai ballads are OK to listen to and you'll find that you get to know a tune (at least the melodies) after you've heard one a few times.

As for me, I've long ago quit trying to find an FM radio station that I like. I've found that many stations will drift, i.e., for a while the sound will come in strong, but after a bit it fades considerably, resulting in my having to re-tune my dial. Then, too, there are way too many stations that have a very small coverage area...measurable in meters rather than kilometers, it seems.

DJs here love the sound of their voices. They're forever talking far into the beginning of a song, or stepping on the tail end of songs. And, to add further to one's listening pleasure, DJs--and announcers in general--have an intractable habit of turning the volume up and down and up and down again and again as they're delivering a message or a commercial. crazy.gif

For those of us who enjoy listening to stations that we grew up with we have the choice of finding almost every radio station right here on the computer; they all--or most of them--have a "listen live" feature which works well. Or, as Worgeordie suggests, one can have a customized radio station of sorts by turning to Sky FM or similar sites on the computer.

That said, many Thai stations, especially those out of Bangkok, also have a live broadcast feature which brings in radio reception loud and clear, avoiding the drift, but not the annoying DJs.

Lamentably, my Bose FM radio is serving just to bring me BBC news at 6:00 each morning. unsure.png

You can buy a set of small plug-in speakers for your computer that will vastly improve the sound quality. We got a set that was surprisingly small and cheap (less than 500 baht), but they put out enough sound to fill up a room (not a bigger area, though)

• Like 1