I cant beleive we have to suffer this

IrishIvan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha terrible..

What's really terrible is the techno/trance crap he plays waaaay too loud!

Yep, I've seen this idiot driving down Soi Cokmakham many times, only during "high season" though. He thinks he too cool and we just have a laugh at him!

What a bunch of hypocritical snobs.

The roads in Phuket would be much safer if drivers realised there is no benefit in speeding. This sweet mode of transport can set an example - slow down. Use the brain you were given and adjust your time of travel and be patient.

But there is also no benefit in travelling at 20kph in a 60kph zone, which, as I have learned, is as fast as one can "safely" go in one of those things.

By "Law", these are illegal.

They are slow and are a pesky nuisance in already chaotic conditions.

Any Farang using this as a mode of transport should hang their head in shame.

It's reserved for junk collectors and BBQ chicken stick ladies.

It's mocking the nations poor by making it a novelty.

While I agree with this comment in principle, (and they are illegal, although the Phuket police superintendent stated publicly they would allow them if they were outfitted with lights) I sure found them to be handy when popping a few hundred meters down to the beach with dive gear when there is no room for cars or truck to park at either the shop or the beach, you can't beat it. Incredibly practical.

Yes, agree they are very practical.

But no, there is always room to park at the beach where you go diving.

True, if you drive a bit back towards Kata Center and park where the buses and speed boat trailers park opposite the restaurants. But not always. High season it's packed and you don't dare park 50m in any direction around the tuk tuk ranks at either end of the beach.

Edited by NomadJoe

While I agree with this comment in principle, (and they are illegal, although the Phuket police superintendent stated publicly they would allow them if they were outfitted with lights) I sure found them to be handy when popping a few hundred meters down to the beach with dive gear when there is no room for cars or truck to park at either the shop or the beach, you can't beat it. Incredibly practical.

Convenient for you. Inconvenient for everyone else trapped behind you

No one ever got trapped behind me going 300m to the beach and back.

I tolerate the locals. But tourists on these things is just plain annoying

You tolerate the locals?...how kind of you...bah.gif

I guess by the same token that they also have to tolerate an outspoken tourist like yourself...

But honestly,, how many annoying tourists have you actually seen on these things?

• Like 1

I have never seen a 'tourist' on 'one of these things'. In reality I have only noticed a very few farang 'locals' on 'these things'. Good luck to them I say.

Here's another of the few:

post-35489-0-75283800-1379171371.jpg

And I say 'good luck', too.

Especially to the boys, if he ever has to stop quickly.

I have never seen a 'tourist' on 'one of these things'. In reality I have only noticed a very few farang 'locals' on 'these things'. Good luck to them I say.

Agree 100%...They're not for me,but if any expat or tourist feels the desire to use one, fair go to them...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I tolerate the locals. But tourists on these things is just plain annoying

You tolerate the locals?...how kind of you...Posted Image

I guess by the same token that they also have to tolerate an outspoken tourist like yourself...

But honestly,, how many annoying tourists have you actually seen on these things?

We live in mutual tolerance :). But if you look at the front of any traffic jam there will be one of these heaps of crap. Farangs trying to look cool on them is just a joke. I agree with Hans its mocking the locals. And as if there isnt enough accidents on our roads there are people renting these illegal death traps to tourists. Ive made my point and I dont agree with western people on these things. There is no need apart from a dangerous fashion statement

look like a typical stone table expert..

I saw a Farang riding a sidecar through my moo baan the other day. He must have just got as as soon as he took a left turn the sidecar wheel lifted right up and he nearly lost it.

The look on his face was priceless. Obviously had no idea how to ride one and believe me, there is a knack to them.

When I see Farangs in them I always feel a bit sorry for them for looking so stupid and the. "Look at me, I'm just like a Thai" mentality.

Seriously, if you come here to live you can afford to buy a car surely?

• Like 2

I only talk to people with blonde hair and blue eyes, avoid people with glasses, black people, Koreans, never eat anything but French food, drink Danish beer, and eat sauerkraut for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really, Just because someone has a different view point, looks different from you doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right does it.

Old men on Harley's make me laugh, western men with Thai girls are hilarious, stories about foreigners losing their money are priceless. When I see a foreigner on one of these 3 wheeler's it makes me giggle - good on em'. it say's more about them than some pretentious farang riding or walking around looking ridiculous, giving the rest of us a bad name.

We wouldn't have The Beatles or Rock 'n Roll, or any of the music we enjoy. Still have slavery, No America, Australia, no TV etc etc if we had a blinkered view like too many foreigners here.

We grow up mature and become adult and realise everybody is different, yet has the same value, same right to personal preference and proclivity. I don't particularity like Hello Kitty or Mickey Mouse boxer shorts.

Grow up!

So you are saying that any white westerner is better than a thai junk collector? Shame on you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I only talk to people with blonde hair and blue eyes, avoid people with glasses, black people, Koreans, never eat anything but French food, drink Danish beer, and eat sauerkraut for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really, Just because someone has a different view point, looks different from you doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right does it.

Old men on Harley's make me laugh, western men with Thai girls are hilarious, stories about foreigners losing their money are priceless. When I see a foreigner on one of these 3 wheeler's it makes me giggle - good on em'. it say's more about them than some pretentious farang riding or walking around looking ridiculous, giving the rest of us a bad name.

We wouldn't have The Beatles or Rock 'n Roll, or any of the music we enjoy. Still have slavery, No America, Australia, no TV etc etc if we had a blinkered view like too many foreigners here.

We grow up mature and become adult and realise everybody is different, yet has the same value, same right to personal preference and proclivity. I don't particularity like Hello Kitty or Mickey Mouse boxer shorts.

Grow up!

That's French sauerkraut then I presume.

• Like 1

Actually "he" is a German woman. She's a retired school teacher who has been here for years. She helps out some of the kids from Rawai Sea Gypsy Village. The older kid, whom she's kind of adopted, has a club foot. But I still get a bit of a laugh when I see her drive by. She lives just down the road from me.

• Like 2

So, whereas they are functional, farangs should not be seen riding them due to social status reasons?

• Like 1

So, whereas they are functional, farangs should not be seen riding them due to social status reasons?

Also known as "The Mercedes Benz Drivers Club Attitude" bah.gif

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

Actually "he" is a German woman. She's a retired school teacher who has been here for years. She helps out some of the kids from Rawai Sea Gypsy Village. The older kid, whom she's kind of adopted, has a club foot. But I still get a bit of a laugh when I see her drive by. She lives just down the road from me.

Actually, I did wonder if it was a 'he' or a 'she'! biggrin.png Sorry, madam. post-35489-0-08884800-1379255509.gif

This one's definitely a bloke. (Don't know how his mate ended up in a wheelchair):

post-35489-0-98081000-1379255477.jpg