Apple Certified Reseller is ?

junglechef

Kind of like a liscenced franchise arrangement? I know Apple honors warranties for products bought at MacZone here but interested to know more. Sent my MacBook Pro I bought at Airport Plaza Apple Store to USA for repair today and it piqued my curiosity how they work together as both gave me conflicting information and at least on the US side they were very helpful but could not substantiate what I was told here.

Probably should move this Tech/Apple Forum.

Apple honors all Apple products warranties. Has little or nothing to do with where it's purchased.

Applecare extended coverage helps expedite any issues about whether it's a covered or non covered issue. Just running the normal base warranty MacZone is more often to deny a certain repair(probably because it lowers their profits). When they send something in with Applecare I think they are often compensated for performing a repair and thus more eager to run it thru.

Often MacZone has to send products to Singapore for repair and sometimes the Singapore repair facility has to wait for parts to be sent to them if they don't stock it. I think in some cases the Singapore facility sends it to another facility such as in the US when it's beyond their scope.

Folks in the Apple forum have hashed out these roles in past threads.