Recycling beer bottles .

anto

I brough a lot of large beer bottles to a recycle place in Sansai ,and only got one Baht per 4 bottles roughly .Whats the going rate ? .They did not count the bottles ,they weighed them .

Edited by anto

Everything goes by weight... just imagine them having to count thousands at a time. Don't get much for glass, ali cans are better but then they cost more at the outset. Just bung it all in the trash and let the garbage folks make a bit on the side, it's hardly worth your time, effort and fuel, unless that is you have 25 hours of free time a day (like hello dolly). smile.png

Everything goes by weight... just imagine them having to count thousands at a time. Don't get much for glass, ali cans are better but then they cost more at the outset. Just bung it all in the trash and let the garbage folks make a bit on the side, it's hardly worth your time, effort and fuel, unless that is you have 25 hours of free time a day (like hello dolly). smile.png

In this case ,i went in to my tenants house to find the whole house full of beer bottles .I just bagged them up straight away and brought them to the center to clear a problem as quickly as possible .

In my own house a Thai neighbour comes round and takes away the bottles ,every month or so .

To answer your question and approximately.........areas do vary.

1 Leo box full of empties is 10-12 baht.

Cardboard is 7 baht a kilo

Plastic is 10 baht a kilo

2 ali cans is 1 baht.

wai2.gif

That seems pretty high compared to prices here. A 12pack box of Chang Classic - 5 B - with the cardboard box and all the lids (which the pay a premium for..)

Looks like the OP was getting about fair market.

Edited by Rotweiler

To answer your question and approximately.........areas do vary.

1 Leo box full of empties is 10-12 baht.

Cardboard is 7 baht a kilo

Plastic is 10 baht a kilo

2 ali cans is 1 baht.

wai2.gif

That seems pretty high compared to prices here. A 12pack box of Chang Classic - 5 B - with the cardboard box and all the lids (which the pay a premium for..)

Looks like the OP was getting about fair market.

Looks like you're getting ripped off. I get more than 12 baht a case of empty Chang Lights, Export or Draught at my local. No caps. Empty bottles w/o box pays much less.

Just did some yesterday. Chang/Leo- 13 Baht per case but you must have the right bottles in the cases or it's 10 Baht for mixed. Clear plastic 10 Baht per kilo, mixed coloured plastic 7 Baht per kilo.

Had an old computer to dump too and they gave 75 Baht for the tower and 80 Baht for the VDU. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected a lot less for those items.

Its good to see people recycling stuff ,even if the prices are not much,much better

than dumping it. been doing it for years.

One thing I could not understand,you get more for Thai newspapers than the Bangkok Post!?

So keep up the good work and hope more people join us.

regards Worgeordie

Mr. Smith regarding recycling wifes , you can just dump them,and get new model.

Opps ! better add only joking,before the feminists take offense,really we love them

Edited by worgeordie

Fill them with sand/earth and use them for re-inforcement in concrete slabs.....

doing at lot at the mo...chickens/duck sheds,mushroom plants,palm oil processing,new garages...better than bamboo..

Hope we're back on to the topic of empty bottles laugh.png

• Like 1

I recycle everything possible..

Box of empty beer bottles = 15 baht

clear plastic = 19 baht per kg

non clear/colour plastic 12 baht per kg

glass forget price

Tin//wire, broken electric items..computer bits, paper, cardboard..

​everything has a value, for me it is not difficult to pop all these items into different big thick bags, pop on the pickup every couple of months, recycle place is only 3 km away and on the way from my Village to main road, always appears to be 4 - 500 baht worth.

So cases of beer in the cardboard box B13 to B15 a box above !!! ( i am assuming 12 large bottles per box )thats more than B1 per bottle .I got a very bad rate then of B1 for 4 bottles .Allowing that they were not in a box ,thats still a huge difference .

Edited by anto

So cases of beer in the cardboard box B13 to B15 a box above !!! ( i am assuming 12 large bottles per box )thats more than B1 per bottle .I got a very bad rate then of B1 for 4 bottles .Allowing that they were not in a box ,thats still a huge difference .

YES....... in my Village a 3 wheel motorbike comes down every day + a pickup every 3rd day, they give 10 baht per box...

as I have a pickup it is easy to go when passing to the recycle place

I recycle everything possible..

Box of empty beer bottles = 15 baht

clear plastic = 19 baht per kg

non clear/colour plastic 12 baht per kg

glass forget price

Tin//wire, broken electric items..computer bits, paper, cardboard..

​everything has a value, for me it is not difficult to pop all these items into different big thick bags, pop on the pickup every couple of months, recycle place is only 3 km away and on the way from my Village to main road, always appears to be 4 - 500 baht worth.

Clear plastic 19 baht a kilo!! what province are you in,just wondering why it is particular high there?

Clear plastic 19 baht a kilo!! what province are you in,just wondering why it is particular high there?

North West top of Nonthaburi Provence...

Is that high ? I remember about 4 or so years ago was 16 baht kg..

I do buy Newspapers from them, bundled up in 5 kg packs 50 baht... [have 8 dogs good for there toilet boxes]

I do buy Newspapers from them, bundled up in 5 kg packs 50 baht... [have 8 dogs good for there toilet boxes]

Well its either high or i am being done biggrin.png

How do you take them ?

I take as clear plastic...... NO tops, NO labels = no sorting for them.

How do you take them ?

I take as clear plastic...... NO tops, NO labels = no sorting for them.

They collect but admittedly i don't take the labels off also i let the locals get a piece of the pie ...maybe if i took to the recycling yard myself then i would get more! i don't mind somchai getting his money to feed the family and his habits

We cut down 3 trees last month and received 75.000 baht but the wood is being recycled also i think.biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

There is one on the 1001 going towards SanSai village .Its on the right as you go out of the City about 100 meters before Andrews bar /restaurant ( with the old bell sign outside).

Cheers, thanks - found it. Tried to stop by for a beer at your friends place to spend my 30 Baht worth of recycling but they were closed this afternoon. Forgot to make note of the business hours. Ben there before but in the evening.

There is one on the 1001 going towards SanSai village .Its on the right as you go out of the City about 100 meters before Andrews bar /restaurant ( with the old bell sign outside).

Cheers, thanks - found it. Tried to stop by for a beer at your friends place to spend my 30 Baht worth of recycling but they were closed this afternoon. Forgot to make note of the business hours. Ben there before but in the evening.

He opens around 6 pm ,if he is not otherwise engaged with the bar maid ;-)