cash withdrawal limits at ATM's

Machines can only dispense 20 bills in one go.if you need 40k, you need to do two transactions

Wrong.. As stated above certain banks allow 30.

Cash machines can dispense 25,000 baht at a time if your card allows this. (25x 1000THB). I have never heard or been given an option to withdraw more. The reason why most cards cannot withdraw more is because 25,000THB is approximately £500 which is the highest amount UK cards can withdraw at anyone time, usually per day. I have never come across a cash card that allows you withdraw more than £500 per day from a machine. They cap the amount in case your card is compromised and the the pin number is known.

Ask yourself, what have you ever heard of anyone taking out £1000 from a cash machine or 50,000THB from a machine, because I haven't and anyone who has must have an offshore card.

never heard of people asking their bank to up the atm withdrawal limit ?

And as mentioned many times, most machines only dispense 20 notes however some dispense 30 and 50............ what machine allowed you 25 ?

For info. Natwest in the UK are actively asking customers who walk into branch if they want to up there ATM limit. My limit was £250 a day but the cute banking girl who was managing the Q to the cashiers told me that's not enough these days and ask the cashier to up the limit. I have forgotten to check what my new limit is.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Machines can only dispense 20 bills in one go.if you need 40k, you need to do two transactions

Wrong.. As stated above certain banks allow 30.

Cash machines can dispense 25,000 baht at a time if your card allows this. (25x 1000THB). I have never heard or been given an option to withdraw more. The reason why most cards cannot withdraw more is because 25,000THB is approximately £500 which is the highest amount UK cards can withdraw at anyone time, usually per day.  I have never come across a cash card that allows you withdraw more than £500 per day from a machine. They cap the amount in case your card is compromised and the the pin number is known.

Ask yourself, what have you ever heard of anyone taking out £1000 from a cash machine or 50,000THB from a machine, because I haven't and anyone who has must have an offshore card.

Considering thailand is half way around the planet to the UK I'd think it would be fair to say that UK bank cards amount to a small fraction of Thai ATM usage. Thai ATM cards can be set to allow 100's of thousands of baht per day.