A marriage proposal in the US

onthemoon

It's interesting that this event happened in Utah, a very conservative U.S. state, home of the anti-gay Mormon Church. The same church which bankrolled a major California campaign to block legal state gay marriage in that state. This couple cannot legally marry in Utah. However, they CAN travel to one of the U.S. legal same sex marriage states (now including California which isn't far) and marry there. That marriage will be recognized as fully equal as any marriage by the federal government. But they still won't be married in Utah.

I am not sure where the couple will be residing, whether in a gay marriage legal state or not. If in Utah, they won't be legally married in their residence state.

OK, I did find out that Spencer comes from a Utah Mormon family and there was a major falling out with his family after he came out, but it looks like things are getting better. Some of the family did not attend this party due to their opposition of gay marriage. Also, it's not clear whether Spencer was kicked out of the church for being gay but it's not usual for an out person to be a practicing Mormon.

Edited by Jingthing

So sweet!

I've always felt lucky not having to do the marriage, the family barbeques, kids to the ballgame thing. But this clip makes me feel maybe Im missing out..

Nah. Still don't want to!! smile.png

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1