Pick-up truck crash kills 'dancing passengers'

webfact

Sad news. But not as sad as if the headline had been, "Intoxicated dancing drivers kill 4 in head-on collision." At least the only people who got their final curtain call were the guys who were drunk and dumb enough to be in that car.

Ironically, the craziest of them all -- the guy actually dancing on the roof of a speeding car -- survived. Go figure.

A friend of mine was fined correctly for not wearing a seat belt. License impounded, police station, fine payment, receipt issuance etc. etc. etc. On leaving the police station he referred to a pick-up with some 15 passengers in the back pulling up to the police station for not wearing seat belts either. Answer was "no have seat" - subject closed.
On another note my pick-up comprehensive insurance covers 40 (forty) passengers in the back of my car; makes sense if my VW beetle can carry some 7 (seven) passengers according to the blue car registration book.
Welcome to Thailand - never a dull moment!

• Like 1

At least they only killed themselves, that's a start. Would have been worse if they had taken some innocent bystanders with them. That's life though, 1 minute you are having a good time, then next you are a worm buffet.

Yes, any loss of life is tragic but more so if it involves innocents.

These idiots were the authors of their own demise and now the families are left to mourn the waste.

More likely to be in mourning since there won't be any compensation payment.

Damned tree, just jumped out in front of them.

Guess you've never had a party and it never happened that somebody drove a car being drunk. And you're trying to make fun out of this sad accident.

I did drive drunk a few times and guess all I had was good luck. They obviously didn't. Condolences to their families and friends.

Hope they will rest in peace.-wai.gif

It doesn't matter how many times it happens, it is unlawful, wrong and plainly idiotic in every case. Thankfully in the UK driving when under the influence is taken very seriously and if convicted you will feel the pain for the next ten years.

I've been in Thailand too long. I feel no sympathy at all, just happy that they did not kill anybody else.

Agreed,but condolences to the family? NOT! Instead someone should go to them and verbally beat them down for bringing kids into the world and then not teaching them ANY sense of responsibility.

Used to have family here in this moo ban who had absolutely beautiful 14 yr old daughter. They had been letting her ride motorbike to school since she was 13. Very tall for her age, so looked older. I asked them one day if they loved their daughter, The were shocked that I would ask such a "stupid question". I told them, apparently they didn't, since they let her illegally ride a motorbike to school, AND do so without a helmet. They became indignant and I just walked away. Two weeks later daughter was crushed by cement truck. Parents were devastated, and swore they would sue the truck driver and company. When they said something to me and other neighbors, ranting about the fault of the truck driver, I quietly told them: "No, the persons to blame are those you see in the mirror, not the truck driver." Then just walked away. They moved about a month later.

If parents don't instill any sense, or sense of responsibility in their kids, then the only ones to blame when their idiot off springs get killed are the parents themselves.

Not really sure what good a helmet would have done when one is being crushed by a cement truck...I guess she at least would have been riap roi.

I've seen a truck like this on the tollway between Bangkok and Pattaya earlier this year. They were doing about 110 Km/h.

Sad to hear about the loss of life here. Only the driver is to blame. I doubt the dancers would have survived if they were sitting down. Obviously the driver and front passenger was sitting and they didn't survive either.

The whole thing is sad and it's nothing to cheer about.

I've been in Thailand too long. I feel no sympathy at all, just happy that they did not kill anybody else.

Agreed,but condolences to the family? NOT! Instead someone should go to them and verbally beat them down for bringing kids into the world and then not teaching them ANY sense of responsibility.

Used to have family here in this moo ban who had absolutely beautiful 14 yr old daughter. They had been letting her ride motorbike to school since she was 13. Very tall for her age, so looked older. I asked them one day if they loved their daughter, The were shocked that I would ask such a "stupid question". I told them, apparently they didn't, since they let her illegally ride a motorbike to school, AND do so without a helmet. They became indignant and I just walked away. Two weeks later daughter was crushed by cement truck. Parents were devastated, and swore they would sue the truck driver and company. When they said something to me and other neighbors, ranting about the fault of the truck driver, I quietly told them: "No, the persons to blame are those you see in the mirror, not the truck driver." Then just walked away. They moved about a month later.

If parents don't instill any sense, or sense of responsibility in their kids, then the only ones to blame when their idiot off springs get killed are the parents themselves.

Not really sure what good a helmet would have done when one is being crushed by a cement truck...I guess she at least would have been riap roi.

did you miss that she was 14 yrs old ?!?

When the report says the driver and passenger in the cab were mangled, and I look at the Photo I wonder how that can be! the front of the pick-up and the cab itself doesn't appear to be damaged?

The driver was dancing in the rear. whistling.gif

Gee that must have made you feel really good. Don't you just love being vindicated?

• Like 1

4 dead and the denziens of thaivisa take the story to revel in their smug superiority. It is truly pathetic in its own right

You have to make allowances for the farang - just don't understand "Thainess" yet..

We see 5 underage kids on one motorcycle without any helmets, and they look so happy. Then when they get a little older they can dance in the back of a speeding pickup truck while drunk, and then they look so relaxed and at peace with the world..

Then they are being scraped up off the road, and the ONLY good news in this story is that they didn't kill any bystanders..

Seen a truck like this once, driving back to BKK from Nakhon Nayok.. Jawdroping experience.. Looked like a brothel on wheels..

What kind of 'brothel' was that... all of the people in the truck here were men. NB - in Thailand, men dance too

One time in Nong Khai I was waiting for a kid to get an x-ray done after a minor accident (turned out that kid was perfectly fine) but during the time I was waiting I met the mother of a young 24-year old man, who had been drinking heavily and crashed into a pole after skidding off his motorbike late at night (he was helmet-less). The accident occurred about a month earlier. This young man had a terrifying brain injury which was clearly visible as a large portion of his skull was missing. He was a complete vegetable - his mom was up in arms about what to do and then she asked me if it were better off if he were dead - I told her I can't make such a decision on her behalf but I regrettably told her that the only person's fault that he is in such a predicament is the young man's own fault. As hard as that must have been for the mother to bear, but I think it did get through to her. Of course nothing could be done after the fact but hopefully other people can learn from that incident, or at least that's what I hoped for.

Fortunately for every idiotic family (or individual) there is a smart one. A friend of mine who now lives in France but who's family comes from Bangkok forbids all their children from even riding a motorcycle as passengers and indeed they never have. My own girlfriend's family is similar; even though they are originally from the north, whether they are in their hometown or in Bangkok (they own properties in both locations) they have been forbidden from riding motorcycles - only more recently has my girlfriend been allowed to ride with me, but I generally don't ride very far from home anyway, choosing to travel by car instead.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Docno, on 17 Sept 2013 - 09:55, said:
kotsak, on 16 Sept 2013 - 10:15, said:

Seen a truck like this once, driving back to BKK from Nakhon Nayok.. Jawdroping experience.. Looked like a brothel on wheels..

What kind of 'brothel' was that... all of the people in the truck here were men. NB - in Thailand, men dance too

Not the one I saw.. :D

4 dead and the denziens of thaivisa take the story to revel in their smug superiority. It is truly pathetic in its own right

Yes but the fact they are here today penning remarks. this attests to their superior forethought in not getting drunk and going for a ride while dancing on a moving truck

• Like 1

One of the charms of Thai people is their 'no worries' and 'live for the moment' attitude and never once think of the consequences. It must come from Buddhist teachings and belief in Karma and reincarnation.

Yeah f%^^*% it!! Maybe they be an ant next time around and not have about anything.