Taxi from Hat Yai airport to Songkhla

Macclad

Just checking on the current price of a taxi from Hat Yai airport to Songkhla......is it about 800 baht ??

I know its a lot cheaper to get a taxi to Hat Yai,then the bus to Songkhla but after a long journey I just want the most convenient option.

Thanks.

Pardon me for taking a small piss on your good question.

There are always a few hired silver oilfield vans waiting at HDY for passengers to Songkhla.

Carry a hard hat, find the Chevron (or Schlumberger, or Baker, or....) van and pretend you're a consultant just flown in to fix their smoke shifters. Act polite, but a little indignant when they don't find your name on the passenger list...must be some kind of logistics foul up. (We've all had those)

Or hang out looking forlorn because your driver did not show up, and can I catch a ride with you guys?

As a last resort, you may be able to hook a ride by coming clean and just asking one of the oilfield guys (recognize them by their waterproof offshore luggage) if you can bum a ride to Songkhla on the company van. Some may have no problem with it if the van is almost empty.

I'll go away now... Enjoy Songkhla. I love it there.

Edited by impulse

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those who replied. wai2.gif

We actually paid 600 baht from Hat Yai airport to the BP Samila hotel in Songkhla and 500 baht for the return journey to the airport but I think that was down to the wifes negotiating skills more than anything !

I think a farang on his own might struggle to get those prices but 100 baht or so possibly extra isnt too bad to pay.

Previously when I've been down here I've stayed in Hat Yai and just visited Songkhla for the day so this was the first time I've stayed in Songkhla for a few days.

Very impressed.....clean and friendly city.....Samila Beach,Tang Kuan hill,city tour by tram,nice parks and greenery not to mention the Zoo/Water Park and Aquarium which we didnt have time to visit on this trip......and not forgetting the Buzz Stop Irish bar near the Singora hotel........draught Guinness and Kilkenny and good English grub !

• Like 1