Abhisit defended by party faithful for use of "rude" words

webfact

POLITICS
Abhisit defended by party faithful for use of "rude" words

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva is apparently facing more criticism after using some harsh and aggressive words in his two recent political rallies though he did not mention at whom the words were aimed.

Political scientist Assadang Panikbutr said Abhisit was not acting like a gentleman by using such rude words.

"Abhisit thought his strategy worked well but in fact it's not democratic. However, he might not care because most Bangkokians still support the Democrats," he said.

Political parties should join force with academia to investigate corruption or to set checks and balances on government power, he said.

Thawilwadee Bureekul, Director of the Research and Development Office at King Prajadhipok Institute, said that when the opposition party could not play their full role in the House because they were blocked by the majority, then they had to play outside.

"It's normal to use a harsh word implicating the ruling Pheu Thai Party. MPs can be attacked [as public figures]. If they are really good, they should not care [about the criticisms] and carry their parliamentary duties to the best of their abilities," she said.

She suggested that the ruling party should not block the opposition party MPs from debate or discussions in the House otherwise there would be more political rallies outside the Parliament. However, the Democrats should review their use of political statements because it won't help to increase their popularity.

"The Democrat should try to reach voters and convince them to vote for them instead," she said.

Democrat MP Ongart Klampaiboon defended Abhisit words, pointing out that such speech was normal at a rally and that it was a personal speech. He said he believed public would understand his party leader's statement.

Democrat spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut insisted that the political party has no plans to appoint a new leader.

Chavanond said all Democrat MPs still support the incumbent leader, Abhisit, thanks to his commitments to facing hurdles.

He also attacked Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit about the improper remark on possible change. Prompong should ask all Pheu Thai MPs if all know the party leader's name.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-16

And he wonders why he isn't taken seriously anymore. Don't they have anyone else? Is he just waiting for the tanks to roll again?

Tanks are his only option and mean while it's back to the gutter for the Dems.

Those tanks won't bail him out this time with out a full blown civil war.

• Like 2

I got 12 months suspended prison sentence and 10,000 baht fine for calling a bitch a bitch here in Chiang Mai wonder if she will prosecute him like the bitch that prosecuted me

To find out you will have to wait until Abhisit calls Yingluck a bitch, or any other rude words, if he ever does, which is doubtful as he is educated in an English university and actually can speak the language that he acquired his masters degree with.

• Like 2

When does he get criminal charges filed against him by the DSI for using rude words?

coffee1.gif

I thought he was a draft dodger like George W? When is he going to court for that?

But he wasnt even born in Thailand... Neither are some other important figures....

From that article could somebody tell me what the "rude" word was,please,by the way,and I'll throw this out to discussion,looking at the Thai political system,rude,surely you joke.

Well, if i am not mistaken the words he used were "stupid bitch". This kind of language coming from a politician is not appropriate and deffinitely not Thia.

It seems the 'stupid bitch' remark is being pushed out by all the pro-Government papers. It's wrong. They are lying, trying to make out Abhisit's remarks were worse than they were.

He said 'stupid woman' or perhaps more accurately 'stupid woman of low class'.

Stupid bitch translates on Google to 'nang ngo' นังโง่ which is really 'stupid married (or older) woman' (except she isn't married) - he said 'e ngo' อีโง่, which is pejorative, sure, but is not bitch. Bitch is 'สุนัขตัวเมีย' - sunak dawmia (if I have translated correctly!

Anyway, he's quite right - Yinglack could hardly ever be the winner of 'Brain of Thailand'! laugh.png

Edited by Mister Fixit