Repair Costs at Toyota: What to Expect?

HeyNow

I've got an Avanza that needs some work. The engine is a bit rough when idling and the brakes are squeaking. I'd also like to get the AC checked out; it's running okay now, but back in April, it wasn't getting nearly as cold as it should have. I purchased this vehicle earlier this year from a used car dealership. I've never taken this car to an actualToyota dealership before. So I have no idea what to expect about their costs for parts and labor, other than that they will probably be higher than what I'd pay elsewhere.

The question is, "How much higher?" I realize that since there are a number of variables involved here, this isn't an easy question to answer. But can anyone give me an approximate sense of how much more - perhaps as a percentage? - I should expect to pay at a Toyota dealership for the kinds of work mentioned above? How are they about turnaround? What kind of warranty (if any) do they offer on their work?

Depending on what you need done they may actually be cheaper.

If your AC is blowing cold, don't mess with it.

Have them service it, and quotes what other repairs are needed, then you can decide what you want done, or if you want to shop around.

Go to a big dealership (preferably in Bangkok) that does a lot of work.

service won't be much more that outside workshops, but parts could be more expensive - as they are genuine parts. So shop around for quotes and decide if you don't mind using non-genuine parts.... e.g genuine honda o2 sensor about 7000 baht, generic version is half or less than that.