Z visa China in Bangkok

It seems doable. I might pop to the immigration dept and see the situation, but the company insist i need to mail the documents to my home country and have an agent deal with it. This is a huge barrier since time is ticking and im running out of cash since i burned it all in the (failed attempt) to get a korean visa before the criminal records check expired. Is this going to be a huge issue, because i really dont know if i can afford not only the fees for this service, but also (and more importantly), the time sat around in Bangkok waiting for it all to be processed?

And if its just Bangkok being difficult, how about Laos? Looking to doing this as quick, cheap and efficiently as possible. Even if its trickier... its still fine to do this from BKK right?

Your post is incoherent. What immigration dept are you referring to, Thai immigration? Why would you need to see them about a China work visa? If you have questions about the possibility of getting a China 'Z' work visa in Bangkok, you'd best address them to the Chinese embassy.

I can only tell you that since 1st July last, the Chinese government has tightened up their visa policy, even in previously lax Hong Kong. As I say, best go to the horse's mouth.

I realise i may have been scant on the details.

UK citizen

Staying in Bangkok

Have a job teaching in China lined up

Will need to get a Z-visa.

Can i do this at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok, or must i send my documents back to the UK and have an agent there do it?

I realise i may have been scant on the details.

UK citizen

Staying in Bangkok

Have a job teaching in China lined up

Will need to get a Z-visa.

Can i do this at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok, or must i send my documents back to the UK and have an agent there do it?

No - you should be able to get it at the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok. I got it done there (post July 1) no problems. If your paperwork is in order then there's little reason to get rejected - if you show up and the agent (who will be Thai) accepts your paperwork and tells you when to pick up your passport it is guaranteed you will be issued with a visa - the Chinese don't play games like taking your money and keeping you in suspense for days or weeks on end. You pay for the visa after you receive your passport back. You also won't require a plane ticket, hotel bookings or any status in Thailand other than having arrived legally seeing you are applying for a work visa not a tourist or business visa.

• Like 1

Dude, thats brilliant news. I dont suppose you have the agent details, or is it just one of the dudes probably outside the visa place? Id much much much sooner go through an agent here than one through the UK or hong kong. :) Cheers for that. Youve given me some hope again :)

Dude, thats brilliant news. I dont suppose you have the agent details, or is it just one of the dudes probably outside the visa place? Id much much much sooner go through an agent here than one through the UK or hong kong. smile.png Cheers for that. Youve given me some hope again smile.png

Sorry I think I used the wrong terminology here - I meant if the person i.e. embassy employee who accepts your application is satisfied with your paperwork, you'll get your visa. You don't need to enlist the help of an agent - just do it yourself. Being "knocked back" simply means you are missing some paperwork, nothing to stop you coming back the next day with the right paperwork.

• Like 1

Dude, thats brilliant news. I dont suppose you have the agent details, or is it just one of the dudes probably outside the visa place? Id much much much sooner go through an agent here than one through the UK or hong kong. smile.png Cheers for that. Youve given me some hope again smile.png

Sorry I think I used the wrong terminology here - I meant if the person i.e. embassy employee who accepts your application is satisfied with your paperwork, you'll get your visa. You don't need to enlist the help of an agent - just do it yourself. Being "knocked back" simply means you are missing some paperwork, nothing to stop you coming back the next day with the right paperwork.

Got ya! Still brilliant news. And yeah, that was my plan. Turn up for a few days with the right docs and hope someone likes me enough to process it :)

When I asked at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok if I could apply for a Chinese business visa I was told that this can only be done in your own Country. I had all the necessary paperwork and my company of employment has a daughter company in Shanghai, so the letters etc were not a problem. I applied using my second passport in the UK via an agent and they issued me with only a double entry visa. I was gutted.

I have just applied again through the UK and managed to get a 1 year business visa. It took me about 2 weeks to get my passport and visa returned and the cost was 501GBP.

Sorry if this is not good news for you and wish you good luck.

• Like 1

When I asked at the Chinese embassy in Bangkok if I could apply for a Chinese business visa I was told that this can only be done in your own Country. I had all the necessary paperwork and my company of employment has a daughter company in Shanghai, so the letters etc were not a problem. I applied using my second passport in the UK via an agent and they issued me with only a double entry visa. I was gutted.

I have just applied again through the UK and managed to get a 1 year business visa. It took me about 2 weeks to get my passport and visa returned and the cost was 501GBP.

That is a bit strange, but business visas are not my forte. I can confirm that both work visas and tourist visas can easily be applied for in Bangkok.

• Like 2

Dont you worry! :) All i needed to know was that there was a possibility :) Id even have accepted a slim chance. But it seems its way past that and all the way into 'reasonable chance'. If i get my visa processed there, then it might even shoot all the way up to 'decent chance!' for the next poor scrote being told they have to send their docs all the way home and sit on their thumbs for another two weeks. Hell, i contacted an agency in the uk thats supposed to deal with this 3 days ago and they still havent got back to me. They must have too much money :)